Thread poster: Marie Anne Jacquet

Marie Anne Jacquet  Identity Verified
France
Member (2018)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 10, 2018

Hello,

I am registered as a micro entrepreneur in France, and I do not charge any VAT so far.
Do I need to fill a tax form anyway when registering on Proz ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

M.Anne

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
No tax form Oct 10, 2018

Hello Marie Anne,

There is no tax form to fill in that I know of when registering on ProZ. There shouldn’t be any. However, if you are working with EU clients, you will need to get yourself an EU VAT number at your local SIE (Service des impôts des entreprises). This is a number you can also register on your ProZ profile.

Again, for EU clients, make sure both your VAT and the client’s VAT are included in the invoice, along with the rest of the required information
... See more
Hello Marie Anne,

There is no tax form to fill in that I know of when registering on ProZ. There shouldn’t be any. However, if you are working with EU clients, you will need to get yourself an EU VAT number at your local SIE (Service des impôts des entreprises). This is a number you can also register on your ProZ profile.

Again, for EU clients, make sure both your VAT and the client’s VAT are included in the invoice, along with the rest of the required information (like a specific mention that you are exempted from charging VAT).

For EU VAT, see also: https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F23570 (focus on section “Demande par un assujetti non redevable”, unless you have exceeded the threshold for VAT exemption).

Services provided to EU agencies (France not included) will also need to be declared on a monthly basis in the form of a “Déclaraton européenne de services” (DES), see https://www.proz.com/forum/french/269779-déclaration_européenne_de_services_quand_déclarer.html

Jean
Collapse

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:21
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No VAT number Oct 10, 2018

For as long as you make less than the maximum annual amount allowed for small enterprises, you need neither a VAT number nor charge any VAT. Just put a short sentence at the bottom of your invoices explaining why you don't charge any VAT (EU clients only) and list the corresponding paragraph/article of the French tax law that exempts you from charging it.

Roy Williams

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

As a micro-entrepreneur in France, I do not charge VAT so far

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search