Thread poster: baroni

baroni  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:51
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 3, 2005

Hi!

I know it has been already discussed several times, however I have never had problems with PayPal till now. My Problem: I cannot withdraw my money (about 250 Euro) because "my rest monthly limit is of Euro 0,0". Plase note that I am allowed to withdraw 750 Euro/ month, and in May I only sent about 200 Euro to my bank (so this limit hasn't been reached!)

I wrote three emails to the customer service: I got only an answer which had nothing to do with my question (can these guys read??).
I tried to call them (in Germany "Call us at: +49 (0)180 500 66 27"): Unfortunately this number does not work/exist.

Am I the only one who has this kind of problems now?

Have you any suggestion? Have you already experienced somenthing like that?
Thank you
Francesca

Direct link Reply with quote

Kathy Ramgahan
Local time: 05:51
English to Amharic
+ ...
Premium Membership required. Jun 3, 2005

Upgrade it to a premium account and you won't have such problems any more. It only takes 2 minutes.

Marina Mazzaglia
Argentina
Local time: 06:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have had problems too... Jun 3, 2005

I have had the same type of problems since I first started using it, I have to have more than USD 150 to remove my money and at the same time I can't exceed the USD 500.00, I don't know any other method of getting paid since fees for wire transfers or others are high.

xxxsarahl
Local time: 02:51
English to French
+ ...
not calendar months Jun 4, 2005

Hi Francesca

With PayPal, a month is a 30-day period, not a calendar month. You should check when your PayPal month starts.

Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 13:51
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
The Eastern European view Jun 4, 2005

And I just terminated my account upon losing some 60 Euros. I was really bored with them. They used only to respond with their bla-bla phone number in each case I needed assistance. I reached then once at that phone number, but they could not solve my problem. Now, I use to answer all clients asking about a PayPal payment that they do not support their services in Georgia. And that is true! Perhaps, PayPal does not care about the 'small' Eastern European state like Georgia. So, I do not care about them and their goodwill.
Regards,
Levan

cendrine marrouat
English to French
+ ...
I use Moneybookers Jun 4, 2005

Hey all!
PayPal is great but the problem is that they charge huge fees! I have been using MoneyBookers for a while now, and I have never had any problem anymore since...

Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know... Jun 4, 2005

sarahl wrote:

Hi Francesca

With PayPal, a month is a 30-day period, not a calendar month. You should check when your PayPal month starts.

in April I did not use PayPal, in May I used it only for about 200 Euro and now (June) why is my monthly limit of Euro 0,0??
There is something wrong with their calculation!

Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will delete my account with PayPal. Jun 4, 2005

cendrine marrouat wrote:

Hey all!
PayPal is great but the problem is that they charge huge fees! I have been using MoneyBookers for a while now, and I have never had any problem anymore since...

Be sure I won't work with them any more.
When I need support I become answers (after days) which have nothing to do with my problems. I am really angry!

Mari Noller
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:51
English to Norwegian
+ ...
premium account Jun 5, 2005

Last month I was expecting a large payment of 1500 pounds to my paypal account, so I upgraded to a premium account before the payment was due.
It doesn't take long and it makes everything so much easier.

elere  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
are you able to withdraw the whole amount? Jun 13, 2005

dinamin wrote:

Last month I was expecting a large payment of 1500 pounds to my paypal account, so I upgraded to a premium account before the payment was due.
It doesn't take long and it makes everything so much easier.

Hello there:
My question is: were you able to withdraw the whole 1500 pounds at once, or just 750 € (or equivalent) a month?. I am trying to work out the details for money collection in Spain through Paypal premium, but it is extremely hard to make out Paypal's terms and details on fees charged before actually opening an account with them. ALso, adding up all costs, it seems like I'd be losing about 8%-10% of the money and be obliged to keep money in the account, which I find rather abusive altogether. Thanks for your help.
Elena

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:51
English to Russian
+ ...
my 2 cents Jun 22, 2005

One of my clients sent me some money with Payapal. I was happpy to learn that Paypal opened its services to Estonians.

When I opened an account I was immediately charged 1.8 euro for enrollment to expanded use program.

Thinking about big money only two-three clicks away I tried to accept the funds addressed to me. I was informed that I can only send money, not to receive.
Ok! may be I could use this thing for payments! I tried to upload some funds and was informed immediately that much to Paypal regret it is not possible for my type of account. I am allowed to use only the balance on account.

I am sorry to say that such way of treating customers is not only the discrimination of Estonians but also some kind of business stupidity.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An Old Problem: PayPal

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search