Thread poster: Channa Montijn

Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:32
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 4, 2005

I know that most of us are very aware of this, but just to be on the safe side I wanted to inform you of two scams today (one only here in Holland as far as I know and one abroad) sending people e-mails in which you are asked to click on a link and to enter some details.
Those sites look as the official sites of in this case Postbank in the Netherlands and Charter bank, but in fact there is a criminal organisation behind it looking for ways to withdraw money from your account (source: Dutch radio and television).

Direct link Reply with quote

The same warning goes for Switzerland - Jun 5, 2005

I also got such an email, turned on the TV and the PostFinance (Swiss post konto) also gave such a warning. Take care the site looks authentic. These folks are probably operating all over.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Warning... new e-mail scam

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search