Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:50
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2005

Hi everyone,
I am part of a group of translators with outstanding invoices at a specific (now defunct) translation agency. From the Blue Board and from an e-mail sent by the former PM to all her former freelancers, I am aware that many other Prozians are involved in this quagmire. I am currenly exploring my options (collection agency, legal action, etc) and I would love to know if other translators are considering similar options, and perhaps even join together to sue this agency if other are interested. I'm not sure, however, what the proper etiquette is to contact my collegues directly through the BlueBoard (i.e. Proz mail) or where I could post information about this issue in case someone wants to contact me. Anyone with experience in this area? I'd appreciate any ideas.
Thanks!
LNS

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:50
English to German
+ ...
Contact those who posted entries in the BB Jun 9, 2005

Hi "L",
Don't hesitate to contact the others who posted entries to the Blue Board by sending them a profile message; in fact, we have encouraged members to do that in similar cases.

Good luck, and best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Debt Collection Etiquette: Contacting Other Translators

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search