https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/3350-expert_insight_is_needed_on_testing_systems_corresponding_to_real_translation_power.html

expert insight is needed on testing systems corresponding to real translation power
Thread poster: Rafale
Rafale
Rafale
Uzbekistan
Local time: 11:46
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2002

For me as a novice it\'s a dark secret wheather there is any solid interdependence between ones, for instance TOEFL, score and translating power given one possesses all set of prerequisite translator features. Can anyone provide the level in TOEFL scoring worth mentioning in the profession (here I touch my second language English of course, the first being Russian.

williamson (X)
williamson (X)
Local time: 08:46
Dutch to English
+ ...
Business-schools Jun 14, 2002

At top business-schools such as Insead,Stanford, Harvard, Wharton et.al. the minimum required on Toelf is 620/680. Given that you are dealing with the written word (verbum volant, scriptum manent) I would add 10 to 20 points to that score.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

expert insight is needed on testing systems corresponding to real translation power

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »