Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:24
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Well, the BB won't work in this case Nov 12

Fiona Grace Peterson wrote:

The others have given good advice. You should let Proz know about the issue - outsourcers can be banned from posting jobs due to non-payment, also no agency wants a blemish on a good record.

The problem with making an entry in the BB is that (according to the rules of the BB) you cannot enter a comment if the client raised quality claims.

123Translations
Venezuela
Local time: 22:24
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yes, but..... Nov 13

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Fiona Grace Peterson wrote:

The others have given good advice. You should let Proz know about the issue - outsourcers can be banned from posting jobs due to non-payment, also no agency wants a blemish on a good record.

The problem with making an entry in the BB is that (according to the rules of the BB) you cannot enter a comment if the client raised quality claims.

The question is how serious the quality issue can be taken since the project was cancelled immediately after delivery.

If this in fact true, it raises the question whether the agency actually had time to revise a 40000-word document.

It seems like they panicked once the translation was delivered and informed the translator that the project was cancelled (which they had probably just heard from their client) stating quality issues as the reason.

Georgi Kovachev

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:24
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
You should prove it Nov 13

123Translations wrote:

The question is how serious the quality issue can be taken since the project was cancelled immediately after delivery.

Mohd: A screenshot of your offline email client or web client may prove it by the timestamps (when exactly the project was sent and when you received their reply).
And is your client based in your country or in a country abroad, where it will be difficult, if not impossible for you, to take legal actions? Smells like a scam all in all.

[Bearbeitet am 2019-11-13 09:48 GMT]

123Translations
Venezuela
Local time: 22:24
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I agree Nov 13

Matthias Brombach wrote:

123Translations wrote:

Mohd: A screenshot of your offline email client or web client may prove it by the timestamps (when exactly the project was sent and when you received their reply).
And is your client based in your country or in a country abroad, where it will be difficult, if not impossible for you, to take legal actions? Smells like a scam all in all.

[Bearbeitet am 2019-11-13 08:52 GMT]

I agree, but the post seems to be directed at me, and I am not the OP.

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:24
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sure? Nov 13

Matthias Brombach wrote:

123Translations wrote:
I agree, but the post seems to be directed at me, and I am not the OP.

[Bearbeitet am 2019-11-13 09:50 GMT]

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 02:24
Japanese to English
Impostor? Nov 13

Mohd Hamzah wrote:

They actually have quite good Blueboard record.

Scammers will occasionally impersonate a good agency, score free work from translators and then vanish into the blue with the money. Was the job really from the agency in question, and not from someone claiming to be from them? Check the email and IP address carefully.

Georgi Kovachev

Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 04:24
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Claim the copyright on the translation Nov 14

Non-payment entails no copyright on the translation. Agencies usually include a clause in their contract that the copyright is transferred upon delivery. I always amend it to read that the copyright is to be transferred upon payment.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client cancelled the project right after your delivery

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search