Thread poster: Agua
Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2005

Hello,

I have been contacted by an agency and I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea of what the usual splits are for Trados, i.e., percentages of rates paid for "new", "fuzzy matches" and "repetitions".

I think the cutting point was 85% for some, but I would like to have a clearer idea.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Mar

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:45
English to German
+ ...
Tried forum search? Aug 4, 2005

Hi Mar,
You may want to try using the forum search, as this issue has been discussed on numerous occasions (in fact, the last related topic was posted this morning). Try searching for "fuzzy match" and see how you need to refine your search.

Best regards,
Ralf

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :-). Aug 4, 2005

Hello,

I tried checking the general page, because I remembered seeing some postings on this, but "Search" escaped me completely...

That's what happens to my brain with August's heat.

Thank you again,

Mar

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 06:45
English to Russian
I agree with the 85% Aug 4, 2005

Mar Rodríguez wrote: I think the cutting point was 85% for some, but I would like to have a clearer idea.

I can assure you that good machine translation software with a decent dictionary usually does as good as an average 85% match from the TM, therefore I tend to offer the clients willing to negitiate a discount for 50% matches to machine-translate their document for free. This helps a lot to filter off folks who want to abuse you.
Happy translating
Alex
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fees in Trados: fuzzy, etc.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »