Charging for repetitions?
Thread poster: Clara Rivera
Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:09
German to English
Two-way responsibilities Aug 25, 2005

As a Wordfast user of many days standing (ahem) my feeling is that if an agency wishes to claim that there are x reps in a text, let them isolate and delete the reps, then deliver the translator a clean text with no reps. After translation is complete, the agency can use their army of in-house experts to insert the reps back into their correct positions in the translated text. No ambiguity about wordcount then. Hey, what's the problem?

craigs
craigs
Local time: 00:09
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Just another way to offer discount and land the job? Aug 25, 2005

Some companies that install things like windows and such will pay the customers to let the company take their discarded windows when they are changed out. You, I and everyone else know that those old windows are going to the dump and the company is not really "buying" them, but only finding another creative way to offer a discount to the customer.

PRen (X)
PRen (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:09
French to English
+ ...
Great idea! Aug 26, 2005

Daniel Bird wrote:

As a Wordfast user of many days standing (ahem) my feeling is that if an agency wishes to claim that there are x reps in a text, let them isolate and delete the reps, then deliver the translator a clean text with no reps. After translation is complete, the agency can use their army of in-house experts to insert the reps back into their correct positions in the translated text. No ambiguity about wordcount then. Hey, what's the problem?

I love it!!

Clara Rivera
Clara Rivera  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! Aug 26, 2005

Thank you all for very your interesting answers!

Clara Rivera
Clara Rivera  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you without mistakes... Aug 26, 2005

Sorry for the mistake, it has been a long week...
thank you for your interesting answers!

Clara

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Charging for repetitions?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »