https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/37001-wire_bank_transfer_fees_from_the_uk_to_panama.html

Wire bank transfer fees from the UK to Panama
Thread poster: María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 15:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

Hello, dear ProZers.

I have a question specifically for British colleagues:

I need to know the rates for international bank wire transfers from the UK.

My problem is that, here in Panama, the only way I can receive money is either through a check or through a wire transfer. (I know, we're supposed to be an international banking center and we're waaay behind. No PayPal, no Moneybookers, no other form of e-money).

I did a job for a UK agency som
... See more
Hello, dear ProZers.

I have a question specifically for British colleagues:

I need to know the rates for international bank wire transfers from the UK.

My problem is that, here in Panama, the only way I can receive money is either through a check or through a wire transfer. (I know, we're supposed to be an international banking center and we're waaay behind. No PayPal, no Moneybookers, no other form of e-money).

I did a job for a UK agency some months ago, and they sent me a check, but in British pounds, not dollars. So my bank charged me a fee for sending back the check and cashing it (I'm not exactly sure of the procedure), plus I had to wait more than a month for the funds to be available.

Now I'm thinking that maybe it's better to receive payment through a bank wire transfer instead of a check, but I have no idea if this would be more expensive, as opposed to being faster, of course.

I already asked my bank about their fee for receiving money and depositing it in my account. It's a fair amount. But I need to know how much will the UK bank(s) will charge the agency, which, in turn, will charge me (charge to recipient, I think it's called?).

Are wire bank transfer fees in the UK standard? Do they vary much?

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Within the European Union... Sep 21, 2005

My bank charges me £20 everytime I transfer money to Spain and other European countries, I haven't got a clue about Panama but I guess much more than that.
Kind regards,
Jesus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wire bank transfer fees from the UK to Panama

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »