https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/37761-salary_expectations_for_in_house_job_in_the_usa.html

Salary expectations for in-house job in the USA
Thread poster: Tomás Rosa Bueno
Tomás Rosa Bueno
Tomás Rosa Bueno  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:45
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 10, 2005

Hi,

I have been offered a position as an in-house project manager for a small- to medium-sized translation company based in the US. I could consider the idea of relocating depending on how much I could make, so it'd be nice to know (for negotiation purposes) how much is a good/reasonable salary for a project manager in the US.

Can anyone help me?

MTIA,

Tomás
@sp.br

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:45
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Depends Oct 10, 2005

Hello Tomás,
It depends a lot where in the US you will be staying. Salaries change a lot depending on the area where you live. For example, Eastern US is much more expensive than Western US (except California,) therefore, the salaries are higher East. In general, housing is cheaper in Southern US comparing to the rest of the US, therefore, salaries differ a lot. There are a few websites that provide you with useful information, such
... See more
Hello Tomás,
It depends a lot where in the US you will be staying. Salaries change a lot depending on the area where you live. For example, Eastern US is much more expensive than Western US (except California,) therefore, the salaries are higher East. In general, housing is cheaper in Southern US comparing to the rest of the US, therefore, salaries differ a lot. There are a few websites that provide you with useful information, such as "2005 Salary Reports" at: www.payscale.com

Good luck,
Monika

Tomás Rosa Bueno wrote:

Hi,

I have been offered a position as an in-house project manager for a small- to medium-sized translation company based in the US. I could consider the idea of relocating depending on how much I could make, so it'd be nice to know (for negotiation purposes) how much is a good/reasonable salary for a project manager in the US.

Can anyone help me?

MTIA,

Tomás
@sp.br
Collapse

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:45
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
look for "project manager" on "salary calculator" Oct 11, 2005

Hi,

try some of these calculators:

http://www.salaryexpert.com/
http://salary.com/

Ed

Paige Stanton (X)
Paige Stanton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
French to English
Translation PM in the US Oct 12, 2005

Hi Tomas,

The average starting translation PM salary in the States is around 35-37,000 dollars a year. I say this because once my peers and I graduated with a Masters in translation and began looking for PM jobs, this was pretty much the standard salary offered. A few international students were offered LOWER salaries.

Hope this helps!

Paige

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Salary expectations for in-house job in the USA

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »