question on rate Chinese to English
Thread poster: erichues
erichues
English to Chinese
Oct 17, 2005

Hi,

I am a consultant based in US, but traveling in China for work. I need to have a Chinese doc translated into English. Many website I went to said the rate is RMB___/per 1000 words

If the rate is RMB 200/per 1000 words for Chinese to English, does that mean if the orginal Chinese have 1000 characters, they charge RMB 1000
or they charge RMB according to the English words??

thanks,

Eric Huges

Global Food Inc.

Direct link Reply with quote

Mark Xiang
Local time: 06:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
That means you will have to pay RMB200.00 Oct 17, 2005

erichues wrote:

Hi,

I am a consultant based in US, but traveling in China for work. I need to have a Chinese doc translated into English. Many website I went to said the rate is RMB___/per 1000 words

If the rate is RMB 200/per 1000 words for Chinese to English, does that mean if the orginal Chinese have 1000 characters, they charge RMB 1000
or they charge RMB according to the English words??

thanks,

Eric Huges

Global Food Inc.

If there is no minimum charge.

In this case, I think they charge according to Chinese characters.

Mark

Angus Woo
Local time: 06:35
Chinese to English
+ ...
You didn't get it right Oct 19, 2005

RMB200/1000words, Well,if you are talking about source words, then you pay RMB200 for 1000 Chinese characters. Got the picture?

But I have to remind you, be careful! With that kind of price in mind, you shouldn't be expecting too much. You will see what I mean when you get the translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

question on rate Chinese to English

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search