Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 10:06
English to Urdu
+ ...
Oct 21, 2005

Hi all,

Some time ago I left a review for one of the non paying client, who owed me about 500 USD but wouldn't reply to my calls etc. I provided ProZ with all the correspondence, all the invoices, + also the emails from the client saying how much he appreciated my work and how pleased he was with my professionalism etc.

He left an answer to my review today in ProZ, saying that whatever I wrote was all a lie and that he paid me 387 USD for a job that I did very badly an
... See more
Hi all,

Some time ago I left a review for one of the non paying client, who owed me about 500 USD but wouldn't reply to my calls etc. I provided ProZ with all the correspondence, all the invoices, + also the emails from the client saying how much he appreciated my work and how pleased he was with my professionalism etc.

He left an answer to my review today in ProZ, saying that whatever I wrote was all a lie and that he paid me 387 USD for a job that I did very badly and that he has a proof of the money order he sent me.

This person is a professional liar is all I can say for him, but I would like one of the ProZ moderators ask him for that proof to be sent to them, and if he can't come up with a genuine proof, I would like to see him banned from here so he can not con anyone else like that. I know I will never get my money back, but I don't want this happening to my other fellow translators.

Any of the ProZ moderators can copntact me and I am willing to send them all the correspondence I have. By the way this guy said he sent me the money order, however on all my invoices the method of payment was to be PayPal.

Cheers
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:06
English to German
+ ...
The role of ProZ.com moderators - ProZ.com Termination Policy Oct 21, 2005

Hi azure,
First of all, I'm sorry to hear you encountered trouble. However, allow me to correct some misconceptions about the role of ProZ.com and its moderators.

ProZ.com is a venue - you can use it to establish contacts with prospective clients, but neither the site nor any of its moderators are a party to any business relationship which you may enter into - on or off the site.

Therefore, ProZ.com moderators do not get involved in bilateral disputes. You
... See more
Hi azure,
First of all, I'm sorry to hear you encountered trouble. However, allow me to correct some misconceptions about the role of ProZ.com and its moderators.

ProZ.com is a venue - you can use it to establish contacts with prospective clients, but neither the site nor any of its moderators are a party to any business relationship which you may enter into - on or off the site.

Therefore, ProZ.com moderators do not get involved in bilateral disputes. You had your say on the Blue Board - the outsourcer has responded. As long as the entries contain no personal comments, threats, or insults, we cannot and will not get involved.

The only exception is the ProZ.com Termination Policy, which provides for the suspension of non-payers based on complaints by at least two unrelated sources. For this purpose, we will ask members to confirm that they delivered the work on time, and in accordance with specifications, and that no quality issues were raised and substantiated by the outsourcer. Accordingly, we will start investigating as soon as we have a minimum of two independent complaints.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:06
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Non-payment Oct 23, 2005

Hi azure,

I agree with everything that Ralf has said and I am sorry that you are having such an experience. If I may, I would just like to suggest that you contact a trusted attorney near you to help you resolve the matter: 500 USD is a lot of money (IMHO). In most cases that are as clear-cut as the one you describe, the losing side will usually end up having to pay the attorney costs (that is, at least, the case in most European countries).

Regards,

Derek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non- Payer client

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »