Confusing status of international money transfers
Thread poster: RusTek

RusTek
United States
Local time: 02:56
Russian to English
Nov 12, 2005

Can anyone recommend the easiest,cheapest and most reliable method for transferring payment funds from a Russian client to a translator in the US?

Direct link Reply with quote

fareedeh ghassemi
Local time: 10:26
English to Farsi (Persian)
Important question Nov 13, 2005

I agree that issue is very important and needs one international solution.

Angus Woo
Local time: 14:56
Chinese to English
+ ...
This is tricky Nov 14, 2005

From what I know this is not as easy as it looks. In my case, it took a third party to get the money into my account and it's like it takes a life time.

If there is a better way, I would also like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Fred Neild  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Credit card Nov 14, 2005

Have you tried to accept international credit cards.
What about paypal?

arksevost
United States
Local time: 01:56
English to Russian
+ ...
My suggestion Nov 14, 2005

Hi. I can give you several offers, if those work in your case. Just check it. It is possible to wire these funds without using a bank account. They can use different systems, analogues to Western Union (which is pretty costly), but those other systems are mushc cheaper and they work in Russia very well. I sent myself the funds to Russia though and they never let me down. One is called MonetaExpress. Just try to find them in where you are in the States. I know they have an office in Seattle. They may have other offices as well. Go to RussianSeattle website, it is available both in English and in Russian and there's the reference there to MonetaExpress and try to get in touch with them.
The second system you may try to inquire about is MoneyGram. It is relatively inexpensive compared to Western Union.

Good luck

Irina

arksevost
United States
Local time: 01:56
English to Russian
+ ...
Just to add to what I already wrote Nov 14, 2005

I found telephone number for MonetaExpress (the money transfer agency working worldwide, especially with Russian). Their toll free phone is 1-888-666-3829 and their phone in Seattle is 206-288-5771. They have the possibility of wiring money to and from any major and even smaller cities and towns of Russia.

Try to contact with them and discuss

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confusing status of international money transfers

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search