How to set price for webpage translation
Thread poster: Kristine Sprula (Lielause)

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:54
English to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 18, 2005

Dear colleagues,
How do you set price for webpage translation when only address of the page is given and not files? Do you charge the same as for translation of Word files? I suppose the price increases if special software for webpage processing is used.
Thank you,
Kristine

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxScout2003  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
Italian to English
+ ...
no, we don´t do this Nov 18, 2005

Hi Christine,

no we charge the same as for word files...

but I think that many are increasing their rate if special software will be used.

Best regards,

Sascha

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Charge to reflect time required Nov 18, 2005

A per-word charge for the translation plus a charge per file that reflects the additional time required to download it as well as any further time required for processing.

Eva Ballentine  Identity Verified
Hungarian to English
+ ...
word, html, authoring Nov 26, 2005

Kristine Lielause wrote:

How do you set price for webpage translation when only address of the page is given and not files? Do you charge the same as for translation of Word files? I suppose the price increases if special software for webpage processing is used.

Kristine:

It is all depending on the webpage. If you only have to copy and paste the text, I would not be worried. Do you need to "code" for HTML as well? If you have to provide html files you may need some sepcial coding for the different characters to show up. be very specific when you take on a job like that... make sure that you only need to supply word documents example. Some text would not fit into pre-designed text boxes and you would have to alter (author) the codes. If you do not know how to do that it could be a problem.
Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set price for webpage translation

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search