Rates in Poland
Thread poster: Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Dec 2, 2005

Hi,
Are rates for transation lower in Poland? For example, would a polish enterprise accept € 0,06 per word?
Regards,
Tradu.lom

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:53
English to German
+ ...
More details required... Dec 2, 2005

Hi Tradu.lom,
Leaving aside the issue of whether discussing prices in public is a good idea, I think there's no real answer to your question, as you haven't specified the language pair, subject area, complexity, etc. etc.

Best regards,
Ralf

Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you anyway Dec 2, 2005

I found a solution, anyway thank you!
Regards

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Depends on your client, really Dec 2, 2005

Tradu.lom wrote:

Hi,
Are rates for transation lower in Poland? For example, would a polish enterprise accept � 0,06 per word?
Regards,
Tradu.lom

One translation agency pays me approx. this rate for "rush jobs".
Other agencies usually pay half of that for standard jobs.
But I think that with direct clients the rate you mentioned is quite feasible.

HTH

Piotr

Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 2, 2005

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
This is not a standard in Poland Dec 2, 2005

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Tradu.lom wrote:

Hi,
Are rates for transation lower in Poland? For example, would a polish enterprise accept � 0,06 per word?
Regards,
Tradu.lom

HTH

Piotr

Professional agencies don't offer rates like the above one and professional translators don't answer to offers for 0,03 Euro.
In general, the rates may be a little bit lower than in "old" EU countries, but if you are looking for good quality and reliability, you have to pay reasonable rates.
Otherwise, you have to make your enquiry in Far East.

Regards

Andrzej

Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 2, 2005

Andrzej Lejman wrote:

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Tradu.lom wrote:

Hi,
Regards,
Tradu.lom

HTH

Piotr

Professional agencies don't offer rates like the above one and professional translators don't answer to offers for 0,03 Euro.
In general, the rates may be a little bit lower than in "old" EU countries, but if you are looking for good quality and reliability, you have to pay reasonable rates.

Regards

Andrzej

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Caveat Dec 2, 2005

Andrzej Lejman wrote:

Regards

Andrzej

I would like to add a "caveat" to my previous post. The rates I mentioned are the rates I was able to get from my clients. This doesn't mean that other translators are not able to get better rates (or worse, for that matter). So please do not treat my message as an indication of prevalent rates in Poland.

Other than that, Andrzej appears to allude that my clients are not professional translation agencies, and/or that I myself am not a professional translator. I have to disagree with it. Although I understand Andrzej, who is able to get better rates and is afraid that someone might try and use my message to drive the rates down. That was not my intention in my original message. It appears that some members do no like the idea of rates being discussed in public, but even so some other members do post their rates in their profiles. So perhaps "Tradu.lom" can find the information he (or she?) wants this way.

Well, enough said.

Piotr

[Edited at 2005-12-02 20:42]

Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Dec 3, 2005

[/quote]

I would like to add a "caveat" to my previous post. The rates I mentioned are the rates I was able to get from my clients. This doesn't mean that other translators are not able to get better rates (or worse, for that matter). So please do not treat my message as an indication of prevalent rates in Poland.

Other than that, Andrzej appears to allude that my clients are not professional translation agencies, and/or that I myself am not a professional translator. I
... See more
[/quote]

Other than that, Andrzej appears to allude that my clients are not professional translation agencies, and/or that I myself am not a professional translator. I have to disagree with it. Although I understand Andrzej, who is able to get better rates and is afraid that someone might try and use my message to drive the rates down. That was not my intention in my original message. It appears that some members do no like the idea of rates being discussed in public, but even so some other members do post their rates in their profiles. So perhaps "Tradu.lom" can find the information he (or she?) wants this way.

Well, enough said.

Piotr

[Edited at 2005-12-02 20:42][/quote]

My intention was not running a forum about "being professional/unprofessional", so I hope you aren't offended by that post. Thank you for your suggestion. Tradu.lom=she
Collapse

Angelica Perrini
Angelica Perrini  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Poland rates for en>it translations Dec 6, 2005

Hi everybody,
I read your posts on translation rates in Poland, but I suppose they refer to En>Po/Po>En language pairs.
What about translations across foreign languages such as EN>IT?
How much would Polish translation agencies usually pay for them?
Any suggestion on possible range would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Elica

Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, I did not specify... Dec 6, 2005

It was en.it. and other languages, I do not speak polish

Angelica Perrini
Angelica Perrini  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Others didn't either! Dec 7, 2005

Don't worry,
others didn't specify either.
I hope someone else will reply to my question and be more detailed on Poland common rates for en>it translations.
For example, would €0.05 be too low?

TIA,
Elica

Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Same as Rates Anywhere Dec 18, 2005

The fact that a translator is in Poland, working with Polish as one half of their language pair, should not have any 'special' influence on the rate. If the EU membership is to be of any value to anyone, then I would expect that a Euro payment rate would be the same in any other member country. Trust me, as a British ex-pat living and working in Poland with my Polish wife, I get enough earache from my Polish colleagues about Britain/Germany/Italy/Random Western European Country giving us the sti... See more
The fact that a translator is in Poland, working with Polish as one half of their language pair, should not have any 'special' influence on the rate. If the EU membership is to be of any value to anyone, then I would expect that a Euro payment rate would be the same in any other member country. Trust me, as a British ex-pat living and working in Poland with my Polish wife, I get enough earache from my Polish colleagues about Britain/Germany/Italy/Random Western European Country giving us the stick.

No offense mind, I know this is a 'sensitive' issue, and that any straying from the path of purely translating-related discussion is generally frowned upon- and I know this post is already long past the point of being 'Off Topic'- but I was in here looking for something else, and I felt I just had to reply.
Collapse

Translation1 (X)
Translation1 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! :-) Dec 18, 2005

Thank you anyway...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates in Poland

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »