Some basic info on PayPal
Thread poster: Aleksandr Okunev
Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 02:07
English to Russian
Dec 13, 2005

It's from a mailing list I am subsribed to.
I thought it would be useful to pals.
The site is *very* nice (check out the polls!)

In this article, we'll show you how to use PayPal, find out how the transactions are made, and learn something about the company's history. We'll also examine some of the complaints about PayPal's business practices.

Click here to read How PayPal Works:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/paypal.htm

Happy translating
Alex

Direct link Reply with quote

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Other basic info on PayPal Dec 13, 2005

www.paypalsucks.com
www.aboutpaypal.org
www.paypalwarning.com

Christian
Local time: 00:07
English to German
+ ...
What about moneybookers? Dec 13, 2005

Some (many?) people prefer moneybookers to Paypal. What do you think? Is moneybookers better/more recommendable than Paypal?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Christian

Aleksandr Okunev
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
I do not use either of them Dec 13, 2005

Christian wrote: Some (many?) people prefer moneybookers to Paypal. What do you think?

Dear Christian

I simply happen to be subscribed on HowStuffWorks emails I usually print these out and distribute among school kids who are trying to learn something extra-curriculum in English.

Pay Pal is not available in Belarus, I used WebMoney briefly, it is good and reliable, but a royal PITA cashing in, because it has not been officially approved here, so I dropped it.

Wire transfer RuLeZ (expenses outside Belarus paid by the Payer).

Stay well
Alex

P.S. Thanks for the links, Mikhail, now we have a full picture here.

Virongrong Nikoonkarn
Local time: 06:07
Experience of Using MoneyBookers and PayPal Dec 14, 2005

Christian wrote:

Some (many?) people prefer moneybookers to Paypal. What do you think? Is moneybookers better/more recommendable than Paypal?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Christian

Dear Christian,

I started using MoneyBookers before PayPal. About MoneyBookers, you can accept payment without paying fee. When you send money, you pay about 2 and a half US dollar. When you withdraw money from your account, you pay 2 and a half dollar and the bank will charge fee for exchange currency.

For PayPal, I cannot tell you much. I don't understand it totally. I just experienced being charged 3+% when accept payment. One friend told me that if I am the payer, I don't pay any fee. About withdraw, I never did it.

Hope the information helpful for you.

Faithfully,

Virongrong

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some basic info on PayPal

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search