https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/41182-what_is_the_best_way_to_collect_earned_translation_money_in_turkey.html

What is the best way to collect earned translation money in Turkey?
Thread poster: Aziz Kural
Aziz Kural
Aziz Kural  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 10, 2006

Hi,

Can you help? What is the best way to collect earned translation money in Turkey?

Does Pay pal work in Turkey???

Thanks,

A.S.Kural

[email protected]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Perhaps you should try the Turkish forum Jan 11, 2006

Merhaba A.S.,

PayPal doesn't operate in Turkey, but MoneyBookers does.

I guess you'd be able to get more help in the Turkish forum. In fact, you should try a forum search first: Community menu above -> Forum Search... then choose 'Turkish' from the list to the right and enter 'PayPal' as the search keyword. We have a couple of threads on this topic.

Good luck!
Özden

Umit Altug
Umit Altug  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Moneybookers and/or wire transfer Jan 11, 2006

I assume you need information about receiving money from abroad, not within Turkey (as this would not be so difficult) nor debt-collection (which is quite another story).

You can only send money with PayPal, you can’t transfer money to a Turkish bank account. But, Moneybookers is available in Turkey and, according to my experience, it is fast and inexpensive.

Another option is wire transfer to a bank account (if you are receiving money from Europe, be sure to tell th
... See more
I assume you need information about receiving money from abroad, not within Turkey (as this would not be so difficult) nor debt-collection (which is quite another story).

You can only send money with PayPal, you can’t transfer money to a Turkish bank account. But, Moneybookers is available in Turkey and, according to my experience, it is fast and inexpensive.

Another option is wire transfer to a bank account (if you are receiving money from Europe, be sure to tell the payer your IBAN code, it facilitates the process). Avoid checks, if possible, it takes too much time to cash the checks and the bank fees are higher.

As Xola said, you should repost this question to Turkish Forum. There, you can get more detailed answers about local matters.

Umit
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the best way to collect earned translation money in Turkey?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »