https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/42152-frozen_paypal_account%3A_anyone_has_got_back_the_money.html

Frozen Paypal account: Anyone has got back the money?
Thread poster: Pamela Cruz
Pamela Cruz
Pamela Cruz  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 2, 2006

Hi all,

Paypal have just frozen my account. After reading all the info available in the net on the subject, I would like to know if finally there is a fellow translator who has recovered his/her money after the 180-days period this guys say my balance cannot be withdrawn -- I remember to have read here about other translators complaining for the same situation with Paypal, but never read about a happy ending

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 19:52
English to German
+ ...
There is a customer support at paypal Feb 2, 2006

Hi! they normally give you a tracking number for internal paypal issues. But what was the reason for freezing your account? Interests me, becauase it can probably happen to anyone. Best Brandis

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Yes Feb 2, 2006

http://www.itmanagersjournal.com/article.pl?sid=04/07/28/1639215

misscaboo4
misscaboo4
Local time: 18:52
Spanish to English
Yes I did after a lot of contact with paypal Feb 2, 2006

Hi,

I had this problem in the summer of last year after paypal froze my account for "suspicious" activity even though I cannot see how this was possible.

After numerous phone calls and emails I was eventually sent a cose to prove my location, I also had to set up a bank account to the paypal account and get that verified. It took a while, but not the 180 days you mention...so I think you just need to be persistent and carry out all the security checks they insist you d
... See more
Hi,

I had this problem in the summer of last year after paypal froze my account for "suspicious" activity even though I cannot see how this was possible.

After numerous phone calls and emails I was eventually sent a cose to prove my location, I also had to set up a bank account to the paypal account and get that verified. It took a while, but not the 180 days you mention...so I think you just need to be persistent and carry out all the security checks they insist you do

I got a similar email last week saying my account had been frozen but was suspicios and forwarded it to their fraud email address. They confirmed that it was a scam email, so the freezing may not be real (if that makes sense?!)

Hope this is of some use
Catherine
Collapse

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Scam email? Feb 2, 2006

Definitely check with Paypal first--if you were told in an email that your account is frozen, it's probably a fraud. Don't click on any link in the email--type www.paypal.com into your browser and log in. Click on paypal's links regarding phony emails, fraud, etc. If you have responded to a fake email, it is *imperative* that you inform PayPal and follow their recommendations to change your password and get things ... See more
Definitely check with Paypal first--if you were told in an email that your account is frozen, it's probably a fraud. Don't click on any link in the email--type www.paypal.com into your browser and log in. Click on paypal's links regarding phony emails, fraud, etc. If you have responded to a fake email, it is *imperative* that you inform PayPal and follow their recommendations to change your password and get things straightened out immediately.

I have received scam emails purporting to come from eBay or PayPal. Each time I have been able to resolve the situation the same day. But don't click on any links in the emails!

Good luck.

Jane
Collapse

Pamela Cruz
Pamela Cruz  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Feb 2, 2006

Hi again,

Yes, the first thing I did was checking up it was not a fake email -- I logged on my 2 accounts and found that I had Limited Access in both of them.

A couple of hours ago I made a phone call to Paypal Customer Service: My account was frozen because of "suspicious activity." The 'suspicious activity' was sending money from a premier account to a personal account. The lady said it was forbidden.

After that phone call, I received an email acknowledgi
... See more
Hi again,

Yes, the first thing I did was checking up it was not a fake email -- I logged on my 2 accounts and found that I had Limited Access in both of them.

A couple of hours ago I made a phone call to Paypal Customer Service: My account was frozen because of "suspicious activity." The 'suspicious activity' was sending money from a premier account to a personal account. The lady said it was forbidden.

After that phone call, I received an email acknowledging receipt of all the documents requested by them that I have already faxed 2 days ago.

The 180-days period was mentioned in a Paypal form email sent to the e-address of one of my accounts, but Customer Service had no record of it (!). I must say too that after receiving the emails notifying of Limited Access, I got several spam sent to the 2 emails related to my Paypal accounts.

It seems that this will be an unforgettable summer :-S

Saludos,

Pamela
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Frozen Paypal account: Anyone has got back the money?

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »