Written after reincarnation?
Thread poster: mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2006

Maybe those who bid for a job Eng>Spa offered earlier today (at as low rates, let me add, as USD 0.01/word in PDF format) give the outsourcer a second thought.
If you happen to go to the URL mentioned there, you will be able to read this (pay attention to the part between []):

The Foreword by the author:

About The Author: I am writing four editions of this book: xxxx Edition, xxxx Edition, xxxxx Edition, xxxxx Edition all under the same “yyyy” title. [My
... See more
Maybe those who bid for a job Eng>Spa offered earlier today (at as low rates, let me add, as USD 0.01/word in PDF format) give the outsourcer a second thought.
If you happen to go to the URL mentioned there, you will be able to read this (pay attention to the part between []):

The Foreword by the author:

About The Author: I am writing four editions of this book: xxxx Edition, xxxx Edition, xxxxx Edition, xxxxx Edition all under the same “yyyy” title. [My motivation to write these books stems from the fact that I] lost my sight and [died while suffering the effects of cancer in 1999].

No further comments.

[Edited at 2006-02-05 00:11]

[Edited at 2006-02-05 01:11]

[Edited at 2006-02-05 01:12]
Collapse

Graciela Guzman
Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Death becomes him Feb 5, 2006

He looks very healthy. Awesome!

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Payment terms Feb 5, 2006

And at USD 0.01/word you might as well do it for free, at least in this life... but there may be some promise of payment for the next one.

Lydia Molea
Lydia Molea  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:05
English to German
+ ...
That is what I call true ambition! Feb 5, 2006

I guess the only thing you can do is laugh it off

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:05
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
Close to death experience Feb 5, 2006

I think what he means is a close to death experience. He is metaphoric, and having a severe illness is probably and experience where you actually feel death.
So, in reality, he has come back from the death.

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Specify very soon payment Feb 5, 2006

After delivery of translation, be sure to specify a very soon date of payment. Either delivery date plus one day, or why not cash payment would be the best or you might have to face years of feud with his heirs...

Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
F
... See more
After delivery of translation, be sure to specify a very soon date of payment. Either delivery date plus one day, or why not cash payment would be the best or you might have to face years of feud with his heirs...

Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
Fax +49 - 3 59 52 - 322 02
E-Mail [email protected]
Internet www.hansson.de
Internet www.technical-translators.net
Internet www.wintitus.de
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Written after reincarnation?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »