Star Biz Global Inc.
Thread poster: Bruno Capitelli
Bruno Capitelli
Bruno Capitelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2001

Recently on Proz.com a post regarding a different opportunity for translators has appeared. I answered for more info and I have received an e-amil with a link pointing to www.starbizglobal.com

They ask for a deposit of 100$ to send you jobs as home typist or similar. I guess if I can trust them

Does anyone have info on Starbizglobal? Does anyone evere heard about this company?

I need info on
... See more
Recently on Proz.com a post regarding a different opportunity for translators has appeared. I answered for more info and I have received an e-amil with a link pointing to www.starbizglobal.com

They ask for a deposit of 100$ to send you jobs as home typist or similar. I guess if I can trust them

Does anyone have info on Starbizglobal? Does anyone evere heard about this company?

I need info on this info to decide to answer to this proposal

Thank you

Bruno Capitelli

Collapse

Irina Smirnova-Godoy
Irina Smirnova-Godoy
Canada
Local time: 05:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have doubts!! Nov 2, 2001

I did the same, that is replying starbiz announcement. The jobs are not really professional. They mostly need typists, e-mail senders and what not. I find it suspicious that I have to send them money in order to get a job. I think I am running a greater risk doing the job and not getting paid. They as a company may outsource the same assignment to several workers and see if they come through. Anyhow, I doubt such jobs will be paid at a high rate and that means you will be doing several assignmen... See more
I did the same, that is replying starbiz announcement. The jobs are not really professional. They mostly need typists, e-mail senders and what not. I find it suspicious that I have to send them money in order to get a job. I think I am running a greater risk doing the job and not getting paid. They as a company may outsource the same assignment to several workers and see if they come through. Anyhow, I doubt such jobs will be paid at a high rate and that means you will be doing several assignments until they pay you back your own $100 m(if at all). Another thought: did you pay attention to the bank address you are to send the money to. It is located in one of the Baltic countries of former Soviet Union, not exactly a spearheader in market economy and finances. But of course the decision is yours (as well as the money!!)Collapse

AndrewBM
AndrewBM
Ireland
Local time: 10:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Is that English? Nov 3, 2001

I decided to go and have a look at the site myself and I can tell you one thing straight away - this people have definitely not enough money to hire a native speaker to do the job for them.

Marlene Curtis
Marlene Curtis  Identity Verified
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A scam ??? Nov 4, 2001

Dear friend:

My advice is : NEVER pay any monies to work for anybody,no matter how professional, appealing and seductive their website might look, if there is anyone who should pay you in advance for a job, that someone is ,of course, the employer.I also responded to that particular e-mail and was stunned by their answer and coming across it on Proz.

Bruno Capitelli
Bruno Capitelli  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Now I'm sure I will not reply and send money Nov 5, 2001

I\'m glad you all have the same doubts as me.

Yes I noticed that the address is in a baltic republic and this is one of my main concern together wit the fact of sending money.

I will wait for a better opportunity.

Bruno

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 04:43
English to German
StarBiz Global - FYI Nov 16, 2001

They also have an address in Panama, and it\'s kind of odd that the \"main office\" is in Panama and the Bank in Latvia.

Dave Simons
Dave Simons
Local time: 10:43
French to English
Wish all decisions were this easy Dec 18, 2001

Quote:

They ask for a deposit of 100$ to send you jobs as home typist or similar.

Now if I had that decision to make, it would probably be one of the easiest of my life. 100 dollars indeed!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Ask them for a deposit Dec 19, 2001

Don\'t do it.

As a service provider, the risk is yours. How could one justify paying a customer a deposit?

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Don't Dec 20, 2001

A genuine scandal! These guys cannot be serious!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star Biz Global Inc.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »