what expenses can I include as teacher for reducing income tax?
Thread poster: kishore (X)

kishore (X)
Local time: 23:54
Japanese to English
Jul 14, 2006

I am teaching japanese. In financial year end, I have to project the expenses such as telephone, xerox of books, commutation from house to university, etc to income tax department to reduce the tax. what are the other expenses I can show as a teacher?

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:24
Get an accountant Jul 14, 2006

You should really ask an accountant about this.

In any case, keep all your receiptsicon_smile.gif

Magdalena Psiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:24
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Don't know about legal regulations in your country but... Jul 14, 2006

in my country, it can be anything connected with teaching: books that you buy, newspapers, CDs, computers, (along with a bag for your laptop), printers, and other equipment, ink, paper, all kinds of stationery, anything you need for work, e.g. a desk and a chair, phone bills, tickets, ........

However, I guess this might be a bit different in each country, so yes, you'd better consult an accountant.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what expenses can I include as teacher for reducing income tax?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search