Opening a bank account in EU
Thread poster: Levan
Levan
Local time: 04:33
English
Aug 9, 2006

anybody knows the procedures? what kind of documentation they need? especially if I wont to open account via einternet...

I apriciate any links to useful information.

thanx

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:33
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Ask the bank in question Aug 9, 2006

I doubt if you can open an account via internet. For a business account you may need to visit the bank office and sign lots of papers. Procedures differ from country to country.
Regards
Heinrich

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:33
German to English
+ ...
Yes, bank laws have become much stricter in the last few years Aug 10, 2006

(in US because of 9/11) and elsewhere probably for other reasons, like money-laundering, so check with your local bank first, and get the information you need, and/or look into an international bank near you that would have branches in the EU if it's even possible.

Why wouldn't you use your local bank account with PayPal and / or Moneylenders? That appears to be the simplest solution, but other colleagues may have more experience in these matters and can give more complete advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening a bank account in EU

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search