Moneybookers confirmation
Thread poster: Ioana Bostan

Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:15
English to Romanian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2006

For the first time, I start using effectively my Moneybookers account, meaning I wanted to perform a transfer into my bank account. I know that first one needs to withdraw a small amount to have a bank/ address verification, which I did, and I saw it in my account . But when I wanted to withdraw the rest of the amount it starts asking me the same thing with the verification issue. I expected to receive an email of confirmation with a bank code or something, is this true or not? Am I missing something in here? Do I have to take this code from the bank?
Any help much appreciated. Thank you all!

Ioana

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:15
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Enter the amount on Moneybookers' site Sep 1, 2006

Did you return to Moneybookers' site and enter there the amount that Moneybookers had taken from the account? You have to do this to confirm the account. If you have done this, I don't know what the problem is.
I had to go through this procedure recently when I changed my debit crd, and I didn't have any problems.

Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Bank account verification Sep 1, 2006

Ioana Bostan wrote:

For the first time, I start using effectively my Moneybookers account, meaning I wanted to perform a transfer into my bank account. I know that first one needs to withdraw a small amount to have a bank/ address verification, which I did, and I saw it in my account . But when I wanted to withdraw the rest of the amount it starts asking me the same thing with the verification issue. I expected to receive an email of confirmation with a bank code or something, is this true or not? Am I missing something in here? Do I have to take this code from the bank?
Any help much appreciated. Thank you all!

Ioana

After making the first small withdrawal to your bank account you will receive a verification code (see your bank statement) - 6 or 8 digits, I don't remember for sure, which have to be entered at your profile page. After that everything should be OK.

English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly! Sep 1, 2006

Thank you both for answering me. Yes, that's the idea, do I get this code in the bank statement? Do I have to copy it from the bank then? as I thought I would receive something by email.

Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 11:15
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I had a similar problem Sep 1, 2006

When I first set up my Moneybookers account I waited for the small amount to be debited from my bank account but when the actual debit appeared on my online statement the verification code was missing.

After phoning my bank they said that there were no other details with the debit to quote so I had to go through the whole process of emailing their support department back and forth.

In the end they agreed that I could email them a screen print of my bank account showing the amount debited along with the "Moneybookers" name along side it.

It took about a week but eventually they manually verified my bank account.

I wasn't too impressed with their service at the time but since I've been using it I have had no other problems with limits, withdrawals or anything.

Good luck,
Mark

Edit: I can't remember if it was a debit or a credit now but either way, that's what happened.

[Edited at 2006-09-01 07:40]

Natasa Grubor  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 01:15
English to Serbian
+ ...
I had the same problem Sep 1, 2006

... but i did not need any verification from my bank. I scanned my passport and phone bill (MB guys told me it can be any bill which contains my name and address) and after 4-5 days problem is solved. Unfortunatelly i cannot remember if i got any mail from MB that confirmed my verification. Now i regulary use their service and it works fine.

English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 1, 2006

So, what you suggest is to write an email to the MB staff and ask for support in this regard?

Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 11:15
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Can't do any harm Sep 1, 2006

Hi Ioana,

Emailing them and explaining the situation can't hurt and they may be able to help you out or give you better advice on how to go forward.

Good luck,
Mark

English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just did Sep 1, 2006

I am still waiting for an answer and I wonder if they do answer at all.

I will keep you informed. Thank you all for your prompt support.

A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
there is a code on the bank statment Sep 1, 2006

ask your bank to print out the statment about receivng the money and then you enter that code in the verification field.
The code has to be used within 3 months eithervise you have to send them the copy of the bank statment
I had the same problem. Write to the MB and they will tell you what to do

English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No reply Sep 1, 2006

Thanks Amra. My bad luck I went today to may bank and their server was down and I couldn't see the code (if it is in there), so I will try again tomorrow. As for MB ... no reply from them.

A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
the e-mail Sep 1, 2006

this is the mail service@moneybookers.com
First I wrote to the other mail and didnt get the answer but then wrote to this one and they answered within 24 hours

English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Case solved Sep 3, 2006

Thank you all again for your help! I got an answer from the service MB and they explained the same, what I was supposed to do. Meanwhile I went to the bank and took the code on the bank statement, introduced it in th eMB account and I could perfom the further operations in there.
So it works!

All the best to you and good luck with work and money on MB !!!
Ioana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers confirmation

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search