Deependra Pandey  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:42
Member (2005)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 17, 2006

Dear Friends

This is Deependra from New Delhi, India. I have been facing a big problem of non-payment from one company based in Netherland and now the height is as they have stopped in replying to all of my messages.

I received one job order (English > Dutch) from this company and they supplied Purchase Order as well on asking. They received a wonderful output and the delivery was well on time. They also appreciated everything on email. The purchase order given to me was over email and on their official letter head, where they agreed to pay me a some of 4721.00 EUR for such and such job.

The terms set were 50% as advance through PayPal and 50 after delivery within 30 days through cheque. Intially they were failed to use PayPal by saying that this was not possible with them. Due to this I stopped delivery to them and asked for the payment against which they requested to send me 25% material so that they could convince their finance department to issue a cheque in our favour which I agreed upon.

I delivered them approx 30% material and still I wasn't entertained by a cheque. In the meantime, they again requested on material delivery against which I stopped the delivery. In the meantime, I sent one of my colleage (who was travelling Europe those days to meet them in their office), which he unfortunately couldn't make happening, but managed to call them from some local number, based on they sent the cheque first on email and then by courier. Zapped to see that this was bearing full of the amount, but with some wrong information.

I requested them to send a new cheque and stop payment on this, against which they said first to send the previous cheque to them and only after they would be able to issue me a new cheque and unfortunately I relied on them. I did so and now I am writing you people all this.

After that one day I got one email from them that they have already paid the right person (who actually did the job and that's why they do not owe any amount to me. As per them the person to whom I assigned the job, he assigned the same job to some other person and to whom he was denying the payments.

The third person came to know anyhow from where this job actually ordered and he/she threatened this company legally against which they paid him/her and now they are saying to me that they have already done the payment for this job and won't be paying me anything.

Now, the person to whom I actually assigned the job and issued a purchase order as well, is after my life and asking for his payment as he was the person who actually delivered me all the files wonderfully done and now what should I do.

My question is

If I have the purchase order with me then how can a company pay directly to other person for the job that was delivered to them by me???
Should I go for some Debt collection agency in India / Europe??? or What should I do? I am in severe trouble as my person is asking me for the payment!!!! Till date he
KINDLY SUPPLY ME the name of some Debt collector agency name and contact details so that I amy ask for any help from them as well.
Therefore, I request all of you to please advice me on this issue as I am in severe trouble. I EXPECT A HUGE NUMBER OF REPLIES FROM ALL OF YOU.

Thanks in Advance for your time.

Best Regards

Deependra Pandey

Direct link Reply with quote

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:12
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
who did the job? Sep 17, 2006

Hello Deependra,
I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the whole story. I guess I’m lazy and tired today
To make it short and simple:
You got the translation job from the agency in the Netherlands. You assigned that job to another person, which you called “the second person”, and “the second person” assigned it to “the third person”. Am I correct?
“The third person”, if I understood you correctly, ultimately received the payment directly from the Dutch agency. Am I correct?
Because in such case, I would not understand where is the problem?
thanks, rgds Ewa

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:12
Flemish to English
+ ...
intrum justitia Sep 17, 2006

http://www.intrum.com/

John Neilan
Germany
German to English
looked at their website... Sep 18, 2006

Williamson wrote:

but they want a staggering 50% of what they get back for you!

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
I can only confirm Sep 18, 2006

John Neilan wrote:

Williamson wrote:

but they want a staggering 50% of what they get back for you!
Man they are expensive. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DEBT COLLECTORS / Debt Collection Agencies

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search