Who knows a good debt collection agency in Luxembourg?
Thread poster: nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
Oct 8, 2002

The problem is that the client states he has paid me one month ago by money transfer, but the money has never apperaed in my account.

No money transfer from one European country to the other takes more than 3-4 business days, so I doubt whether it actually occured.

Which other options do I have in Luxembourg to get long overdue payment?
[addsig]

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:49
German to English
Have the client trace the payment Oct 8, 2002

Hi Kerstin,

I hope it\'s not a lot of money...

Just a thought: maybe your client has in fact sent a payment.

Sometimes payments can get lost in the banking system - it only takes someone, somewhere to transpose a couple of digits or spell your name wrongly.

The money may even be stuck in your own bank\'s international department if they\'re unable to identify your account. (This happened to me last year and funnily enough
... See more
Hi Kerstin,

I hope it\'s not a lot of money...

Just a thought: maybe your client has in fact sent a payment.

Sometimes payments can get lost in the banking system - it only takes someone, somewhere to transpose a couple of digits or spell your name wrongly.

The money may even be stuck in your own bank\'s international department if they\'re unable to identify your account. (This happened to me last year and funnily enough that payment was also from Luxembourg).

Unfortunately the only solution is for the person who sent the payment to contact their bank and find out why it never arrived - this is called having the payment traced, and it can take a few weeks or even longer, depending how soon the client gets around to initiating the investigation.

So be as persuasive as you can. Hope the mystery is cleared up soon...

All the best, Deborah

Collapse

pschmitt
pschmitt
Local time: 20:49
German to English
+ ...
Luxembourg search engines Oct 9, 2002

Dear Kerstin,

I\'ve been brought up in Luxembourg and had some business there over the past several months, which wasn\'t exactly made easy due to the fact that I am currently living in the UK.

However, I managed to do a lot of research via the two main se
... See more
Dear Kerstin,

I\'ve been brought up in Luxembourg and had some business there over the past several months, which wasn\'t exactly made easy due to the fact that I am currently living in the UK.

However, I managed to do a lot of research via the two main search engines in Luxembourg, which are: http://www.luxweb.lu/ and http://www.luxpoint.lu/ - it made my life a hell of a lot easier!

All the relevant information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers etc.)in Luxembourg can be found there, so maybe this might come in handy for you as well.

In any case, I can only recommend to give the German Embassy a ring - they are very helpful and might direct you into the right direction, i.e. may be able to recommend a debt collection agency or advice you on how to go about this whole business in the first place.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Collapse

nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your support. Oct 11, 2002

To Deborah: yes, unfortunately it\'s a larger amount, and despite the fact that\'s an agency client with outstanding references, payment is overdue for more than one month now.

I asked them to provide evidence about their payment or at least to trace payment by their bank, but the only answer I received was that it should be in my account by now and they are very sorry (whatever this means).

To Peter:

To contact the embassy is perhaps a brilliant idea. I\
... See more
To Deborah: yes, unfortunately it\'s a larger amount, and despite the fact that\'s an agency client with outstanding references, payment is overdue for more than one month now.

I asked them to provide evidence about their payment or at least to trace payment by their bank, but the only answer I received was that it should be in my account by now and they are very sorry (whatever this means).

To Peter:

To contact the embassy is perhaps a brilliant idea. I\'ve never had this idea, but it\'s tempting.

Anyway, thank you for your support.

I hope there is still a chance...

Have a nice weekend,

Kerstin
[addsig]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who knows a good debt collection agency in Luxembourg?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »