Annika Hagdahl Manni
Annika Hagdahl Manni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:55
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 8, 2006

Hello everybody.

I have worked for an american company, and the owe me 156 euro. I have sent them my invoice but no answer. This was last year. now 10 months later I have tried to find them on internet. I am able to see them on internet, their site but no e-mail adress and no way to speak to the. I mean, 156 euro for the is very little but if every company, like 10 companies owe me 156 euro it will become a big sum you know. Do you know how to reach them. Their e-mails are changed.
... See more
Hello everybody.

I have worked for an american company, and the owe me 156 euro. I have sent them my invoice but no answer. This was last year. now 10 months later I have tried to find them on internet. I am able to see them on internet, their site but no e-mail adress and no way to speak to the. I mean, 156 euro for the is very little but if every company, like 10 companies owe me 156 euro it will become a big sum you know. Do you know how to reach them. Their e-mails are changed.

[Edited at 2006-10-08 16:09]

[Edited at 2006-10-08 16:09]
Collapse

Soren Petersen
Soren Petersen
United States
Local time: 17:55
English to Danish
+ ...
Check Blue Board next time Oct 8, 2006

Sorry to hear about your missing payment.

I would really recommend that before you take on any new clients in the future, that you check their Blue Board entries.

Looking at the company you mentioned, I wouldn't have touched them with a 10-foot pole.

We all get burned from time to time. Each time is a lesson dearly learned.

Cheers,
Soren

Annika Hagdahl Manni
Italy
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sören Oct 8, 2006

Where did you find them? could you please give me indications how the blue Board works and if they are mentioned there?

Soren Petersen
Soren Petersen
United States
Local time: 17:55
English to Danish
+ ...
Blue Board Oct 8, 2006

Hej hagdahlmanni ,

I see that you're a Proz member, so you should have full access.

In the menu above, select Directories and then Blue Board. Once there, type in the name of the company you wish to check.

The Blue Board is where translators like us can tell other translators about companies we worked with (and rate them on a scale from 1-5).

A string of 1's is a very bad thing.... ...
See more
Hej hagdahlmanni ,

I see that you're a Proz member, so you should have full access.

In the menu above, select Directories and then Blue Board. Once there, type in the name of the company you wish to check.

The Blue Board is where translators like us can tell other translators about companies we worked with (and rate them on a scale from 1-5).

A string of 1's is a very bad thing....

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Soren

P.S. You should contact a moderator and let them know about this company's non-payment. Once three non-payment complaints have been registered, the moderators can choose the ban the company from posting further job offers.

[Edited at 2006-10-08 15:59]
Collapse

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
On the Blue Board Oct 8, 2006

You go to Jobs, and you ll find the Blue Board.
There, you are able to read comments made by the translators that had worked for a certain outsourcer.

A.

Annika Hagdahl Manni
Italy
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Everybody that have replied Oct 8, 2006

Thanks everybody for your reply. I have learned my lesson. But it is very sad that there are soo many companies that you can't trust

Have a nice day

Annika

Spencer Allman
Spencer Allman
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:55
Finnish to English
No need to be polite Oct 9, 2006

If people try to avoid paying you you should pull out all the stops. Threaten to expose them to various translations fora - some organisations have a bad payers' list. Tell them you are going to seek legal redress (it is almost pointless but it might worry them a bit). You never have to be offensive - but it is a good idea always to be blunt

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What shall I do to get payed?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »