OUTSOURCERS and the indemnity clauses next to NDA
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 13:25
English to German
+ ...
Oct 25, 2006

What to do in a situation like this. The NDA is fine, but the indemnity not, I am only a service provider. Two situations I had to face today were rating at €80.000,- indemnity for all deviations and losses arising out of these. I did sign the NDA but was careful with the indemnity, because I do not insure my work. Generally however I quote only on translation projects. There may be similar experiences that I wish to seek in this community.. I hope this is also an outsourcer community. Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-10-25 16:55]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-26 04:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:25
Dutch to English
+ ...
Incoherent Oct 26, 2006

Brandis wrote:

What to do in a situation like this. The NDA is fine, but the indemnity not, I am only a service provider. Two situations I had to face today were rating at €80.000,- indemnity for all deviations and losses arising out of these. I did sign the NDA but was careful with the indemnity, because I do not insure my work. Generally however I quote only on translation projects. There may be similar experiences that I wish to seek in this community.. I hope this is also an outsourcer community. Best Brandis

In view of the fact that English is one of your stated target languages, would you mind rephrasing this post coherently (zusammenhängend)?

I'm sure less time will then be lost on a thread where everyone is trying to figure out exactly what your question is and you'll stand a better chance of getting the community help you're seeking.

Best regards
Deborah

xxxBrandis
Local time: 13:25
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is my latest experience Oct 26, 2006

Lawyer-Linguist wrote:

Brandis wrote:

In view of the fact that English is one of your stated target languages, would you mind rephrasing this post coherently (zusammenhängend)?

I'm sure less time will then be lost on a thread where everyone is trying to figure out exactly what your question is and you'll stand a better chance of getting the community help you're seeking.

Best regards
Deborah

Hi there I am surprised that simple english cannot be understood anymore. Rephrasing here - lately I had 3 situations, where the outsourcers not only demand NDA (basically a regular issue) they demanded indemnity in case of information leakage , proprietary rights on the source documents and any or all losses that might arise out of similar issues. I / My team is a service provider, we do not even insure the work. The amount of assessment as per the contract the unforeseen indemnity part ranges between €50.000 - 80.000,- . I did inform the companies that we will not be taking up this kind of work. But this has not happened in all the years of my tenure as translator. I had just wondered whether I find similar experience in the community. Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-10-26 14:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OUTSOURCERS and the indemnity clauses next to NDA

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search