Thread poster: jelly_gill

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:46
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Oct 29, 2006

Hi all!!! I have opened a paypal account and activated it. But when I log in, to this site and see my profile I see only my email address and I think they dont assign any account number.
Now suppose I want to receive some money from a client via paypal, what information should I give to my client? only my user id at paypal? Remember they have not given me any account number and I think they work using user IDs only. Please suggest.

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Your e-mail id Oct 29, 2006

Hi,
You just need to give your e-mail id to your clients. There is no account number.
Regards,
Ritu Bhanot

Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:16
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bank account Oct 29, 2006

Paypal is just as a email server, if someone sends you money they keep it in the "inbox", this is paypal money and you can only use it to pay/buy through paypal, if you whant to cash you money you have to request it in Paypal's site and then you will be requested to give a bank account number.

L

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 20:16
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Rules for India Oct 30, 2006

Residents of India can send and receive money, but can withdraw to US banks only, or get it by a check, but cannot withdraw to banks in India. Please check this website regularly, because PayPal rules are frequently changing.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:46
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 30, 2006

HI Thanks to all of you for your valuable advice and information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to receive money via paypal?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search