https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/58748-how_to_receive_payment_from_vietnam_by_using_moneybookers.html

How to receive payment from vietnam by using moneybookers?
Thread poster: leon_li
leon_li
leon_li
Local time: 19:53
English to Finnish
Oct 31, 2006

Hi,

I live in finland, I would like to receive payment from my brother that live in Vietnam by using moneybookers, is that possible and how? Could anyone advise me please, million thanks

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:53
English to French
+ ...
Why don't you try Ikobo? Nov 1, 2006

I've worked for client in Vietnam before and we found no other way for them to pay me than Ikobo - look it up!

It's simple. Your brother makes the payment to Ikobo and Ikobo issues a card - it's actually a credit card. You can use it just like a credit card (I think it's a Visa). They send it to you through the mail. You also get an e-mail that tells you what the PIN number is. Then, you can go to any banking machine to withdraw using the card, or use it as a credit card to pay your
... See more
I've worked for client in Vietnam before and we found no other way for them to pay me than Ikobo - look it up!

It's simple. Your brother makes the payment to Ikobo and Ikobo issues a card - it's actually a credit card. You can use it just like a credit card (I think it's a Visa). They send it to you through the mail. You also get an e-mail that tells you what the PIN number is. Then, you can go to any banking machine to withdraw using the card, or use it as a credit card to pay your purchases.

Once the card is empty, you can fill it up by sending a payment yourself to Ikobo. They will put it on the card and you can go shopping. It's actually a smart solution for controlling nasty shopping habits

I know this method works from Vietnam - I have the experience. PayPal doesn't work and since Moneybookers is pretty much the same as PayPal, I am guessing that wouldn't work either.

Try Ikobo, it could be a great solution.

All the best!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to receive payment from vietnam by using moneybookers?

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »