Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 05:15
English to German
+ ...
Nov 16, 2006

Hi!
under 2 years regular contract basis and or 50% surcharge for overnight work. I shall leave you the thinkin . There are many outthere wanting to be good, that is certainly not my goal with all this back breaking and finger smelting brain cell damaging work. Best Brandis

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Clarification Nov 17, 2006

Hi Brandis.

I think I can glean from your message that you would like a discussion on rush work. What would your definition of a rush job be?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
10000 words by 10:00 in the morning Nov 17, 2006

Edward Potter wrote:

Hi Brandis.

I think I can glean from your message that you would like a discussion on rush work. What would your definition of a rush job be?
UK time or CET or whatever and the price is USD 0.05 if not €uro 0.06 per source word. I used to take such projects overnight, now I am no more willing to take these. I wanted to declare this generally to find a consensus in the community. How many others are doing such jobs etc., and so, just to win a common feeling how the community is doing. Best Brandis

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:15
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Uhm. Nov 19, 2006

Brandis, your profile page states that you have been in business for 20 years. This is your first-time complaint?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not complaining ... in a way may be well... Nov 19, 2006

Hi! it is just a statement aimed at all those who regularly contact me for rush jobs. I thought of this issue many times and in phases also rejected jobs, but I just wanted to have said it generally so that it is clearly visible. I wanted to get help of, atleast during this winter some serious health support. Thanks for the inquiry BTW. Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-11-19 23:27]

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Why not write directly to your "rush" customers? Nov 19, 2006

Question: why don't you write to your "rush" customers directly, then, telling them very clearly that you are no longer prepared to accept such jobs?

Chances are they won't notice this forum thread...

Steffen

mireille aboumrad
mireille aboumrad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:15
French to English
+ ...
what does holf of mean? Nov 19, 2006

brandis, I am trying to read and understand your post, but i am stumbling on "holf of" and "cross inquiry". Do you mind explaining?
M

[Edited at 2006-11-19 19:13]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cause of typos Nov 23, 2006

Hi!
Discharged battries. I did inform all those I know, but this is meant for new ones. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I just wanted to say, i don´t take any rush job

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »