How is an overseas outsourcer supposed to pay me?
Thread poster: Mark Lami
Mark Lami
Local time: 05:02
English to Arabic
Nov 24, 2006

I know this might seem a stupid question to some translators but this is all new to me. So let's say I'm in Egypt and the outsourcer is in US, knowing that I don't have a paypal account, how is the outsourcer supposed to pay me?

[Edited at 2006-11-24 13:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:02
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Direct transfer Nov 24, 2006

Mark of Egypt wrote:
I know this might seem a stupid question to some translators but this is all new to me. So let's say I'm in Egypt and the outsourcer is in US, knowing that I don't have a paypal account, how is the outsourcer supposed to pay me?

[Edited at 2006-11-24 13:30]

Direct transfer from their bank account to yours. You tell them the BIC and IBAN numbers of your bank account and they can do the transfer. (BIC = Bank Identification Code, IBAN = International Bank Account Number). In the UK these numbers are printed on the statements that the banks give to their customers.
Oliver

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
electronic wire transfer Nov 24, 2006

Wire transfer is what I use. I give the client my bank routing and account info, and they send a transfer. My bank charges a fee for this service, and I add that to my invoice.

But others may have a better solution. As I understand it, there are options to Paypal (better services), but I've never used them. Does the outsourcer have a suggestion? Perhaps if they pay others they can come up with something.

xxxElizabeth Ma
Local time: 01:02
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Western Union Nov 24, 2006

Works for me to recieve payments from Thailand in Chile...

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 10:02
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Western Union, Bank Transfer, Moneybookers Nov 24, 2006

I usually provide the agency with three alternative modes of payment - Western Union, Bank Transfer, or Moneybookers. WU just takes a few hours; BT takes 3 to 5 days; MB is a real time payment.

Inessa Akhmetova  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Russian
+ ...
moneybookers.com Nov 24, 2006

I don not have PayPal account either because PayPal doesn't work in Russia. International bank transfers from USa to my country are rather high so i offered my Client from USA to effect payment via MONEYBOOKERS. COM. Both parties were satisfied by this service.

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
One more: Anelik system Nov 25, 2006

Hi,

though Anelik system (http://anelik.diaspora.ru/eng/) unfortunately is not working in Egypt it could be worth while trying in other countries.
I got a payment from Ukraina without any problems, it was very quick (within a few hours!) and free of charge but they only pay out cash in USD Money transfer fee for the sender is 1.5 - 3% of the amount.

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How is an overseas outsourcer supposed to pay me?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search