TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 21:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2006

Hi,

I am a new user of Paypal. Two weeks ago I sucessfully received the first payment from a customer through Paypal. However, my second customer notified me that they had had a problem with sending money.

Did you encounter similar problems? What went wrong? Perheps my customer did something wrong.

I have a private account with unrestricted money limits.

Thanks in advance
Katarzyna

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:56
English to Russian
+ ...
Customer's country? Nov 27, 2006

Katarzyna,

Check out the list of countries working with Paypal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside.

Or. on the negative side, the client is making up excuses for not paying on time..

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:56
English to Polish
Information Nov 27, 2006

Ask the customer what went wrong; if there was an error then they received information about it and what kind of problem it was (wrong email, problem with payment, whatever) - then you could contact PP staff to clarify things.

Personally, I didn't have any problems with receiving payment so far, and there's been quite a few from diffrent places of the world.

But I'm afraid sokolniki may be right - it may be an excuse to postpone payment, especially since they didn't giv
... See more
Ask the customer what went wrong; if there was an error then they received information about it and what kind of problem it was (wrong email, problem with payment, whatever) - then you could contact PP staff to clarify things.

Personally, I didn't have any problems with receiving payment so far, and there's been quite a few from diffrent places of the world.

But I'm afraid sokolniki may be right - it may be an excuse to postpone payment, especially since they didn't give you any specific information on the problem they have encountered (from your post seems like they didn't).

A Polish writing to fellow Polish in English... stranger things were happening

Anni
Collapse

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 21:56
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank to you all... Nov 27, 2006

I do not think the problem is with the customer, the amount is rather small and I have been cooperating with them for quite some time. Good payers.

The company is based in Luxembourg, so I guess the country problem is also out of question.

I asked them about the message from the Paypal system, and am waiting for reply. We'll see about it...

Katarzyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem receiving money through Paypal

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »