Would you like a few chips with that, sir?
Thread poster: Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:08
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2002

10,000 words Dutch>English Urgent.

Saturday morning delivery.

0.04 Euro cents per word.

Payment 45 days after invoice.

Aaaaaargh!

Can we not unite against these bloodsuckers and parasites???????????

I bet they are charging their client the recognised industry rate - unless of course they are outsourcing, in which case they should never have taken the job on in the first place.

David Sirett
David Sirett
Local time: 09:08
French to English
+ ...
Where's the problem? Nov 5, 2002

If the price isn\'t right, don\'t bid! If some translators choose to bid, that\'s their choice. At least the terms of the job are clear.

The only \'problem\' is making sure that translators do not allow themselves to be persuaded that this and similar rates are \'industry-standard\'. There is always a wide range of rates.

Regards

David

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:08
English to German
+ ...
Check related threads Nov 5, 2002

See www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=38260#38260

David,

While I can understand your frustration (well, to a certain extent...), I find your way of spreading this around the site a bit inappropriate. TBH, posting the same message to \"Suggestions\", \"Dutch\" and this forum doesn\'t exactly improve your point. (Having said that, I must admit that this forum is probab
... See more
See www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=38260#38260

David,

While I can understand your frustration (well, to a certain extent...), I find your way of spreading this around the site a bit inappropriate. TBH, posting the same message to \"Suggestions\", \"Dutch\" and this forum doesn\'t exactly improve your point. (Having said that, I must admit that this forum is probably the best place - \"Suggestions\", where I first saw it today, isn\'t.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would you like a few chips with that, sir?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »