Would you like a few chips with that, sir?
Thread poster: Dave Greatrix

Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2002

10,000 words Dutch>English Urgent.

Saturday morning delivery.

0.04 Euro cents per word.

Payment 45 days after invoice.

Aaaaaargh!

Can we not unite against these bloodsuckers and parasites???????????

I bet they are charging their client the recognised industry rate - unless of course they are outsourcing, in which case they should never have taken the job on in the first place.

Direct link Reply with quote

David Sirett
Local time: 01:11
French to English
+ ...
Where's the problem? Nov 5, 2002

If the price isn\'t right, don\'t bid! If some translators choose to bid, that\'s their choice. At least the terms of the job are clear.

The only \'problem\' is making sure that translators do not allow themselves to be persuaded that this and similar rates are \'industry-standard\'. There is always a wide range of rates.

Regards

David

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:11
English to German
+ ...
Check related threads Nov 5, 2002

See www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=38260#38260

David,

While I can understand your frustration (well, to a certain extent...), I find your way of spreading this around the site a bit inappropriate. TBH, posting the same message to \"Suggestions\", \"Dutch\" and this forum doesn\'t exactly improve your point. (Having said that, I must admit that this forum is probably the best place - \"Suggestions\", where I first saw it today, isn\'t.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would you like a few chips with that, sir?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search