Julie FOLTZ
Julie FOLTZ
France
Local time: 14:08
English to French
+ ...
Dec 18, 2006

Hello,

I would like your advice to quote for an interpreting job.
I hereby paste the message received "Un client sur Montpellier souhaiterait la collaboration de traducteurs anglais pour faire un interprétariat consécutif 1 à 1 entre acheteur et vendeur de vins. Le domaine de spécialité est donc l'œnologie et les terroirs du sud.
Cet interprétariat se déroulera sur 2 jours de 7 heures, les 30 et 31 janvier 2007.

Seriez vous intéressée par ce trava
... See more
Hello,

I would like your advice to quote for an interpreting job.
I hereby paste the message received "Un client sur Montpellier souhaiterait la collaboration de traducteurs anglais pour faire un interprétariat consécutif 1 à 1 entre acheteur et vendeur de vins. Le domaine de spécialité est donc l'œnologie et les terroirs du sud.
Cet interprétariat se déroulera sur 2 jours de 7 heures, les 30 et 31 janvier 2007.

Seriez vous intéressée par ce travail? Si tel est le cas, je vous remercie de bien vouloir m'indiquer quel serait votre tarif TTC par heure."

I don't really if I should better give a quote for the day rather than per hour due to the preparation time, the time to get there (40mn to 1hour)...
I've seen you have some interpreting experience that's why I well would like your advice.
Regards,

Julie Beille
Collapse

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Daily Rate Dec 18, 2006

Yes, it would seem preferable to make that a daily rate, although you could also quote an hourly rate that for 7 hours would come out a bit higher, so your daily rate represents somewhat of a discount.

In the chance they might require your services for shorter periods your hourly rate (with a mimimum) should also compensate you for travel time, or else that some travel time will be added.

Of course you might also get the extra benefit of tasting some of that wine!

Julie FOLTZ
Julie FOLTZ
France
Local time: 14:08
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do you have an average for rates? Dec 19, 2006

For a day: 600€ TTC

Do you find that a fair price?

I'm not used to it so before putting low prices and thus before slashing prices and the market that's why I would like some advice from people aware of "right and correct" prices.

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:08
Flemish to English
+ ...
Average price Dec 19, 2006

500 euro is an average price.
You ask a bit more, but that is no problem.
500 euros H.T., pas TTC est le prix moyen. Vous demandez un peu plus, ce qui ne pose certainement pas de problème.
Si vous allez avec votre voiture dans une garage de marque, vous payez aussi 50 euros par heure h.t.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WHat to charge hour or "Global fee"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »