Language-solver Pay offer, €10.50 plus IVA per 1500, low for the europe???
Thread poster: Jorge Maldonado
Jorge Maldonado
Jorge Maldonado
Italy
Local time: 11:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2002

hi I am The Intruder, 25,. milan, my languages are spanish, english,I am new in the business on the Internet, though I have a lot of experience in the language field, teching and translating. Id really apreciate some advice on how to charge here in Europe, I have been keeping in touch with an Agency named Language-Solver.com , as you already saw they pay per 1500 words (25 lines of 60 words) €10.50 plus IVA(????tthat is 1 cent per word I guess???- I think it is low,thus one spends good part o... See more
hi I am The Intruder, 25,. milan, my languages are spanish, english,I am new in the business on the Internet, though I have a lot of experience in the language field, teching and translating. Id really apreciate some advice on how to charge here in Europe, I have been keeping in touch with an Agency named Language-Solver.com , as you already saw they pay per 1500 words (25 lines of 60 words) €10.50 plus IVA(????tthat is 1 cent per word I guess???- I think it is low,thus one spends good part of the time translating), I dont really know if that is good here in the Europe, cuz they say that is the \"tariffe\" they work here and abroud also, please could anyone give me a hint on how to charge translations, Ill appreciate it a lot.

Can email me to [email protected]

the intruder

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:53
English to German
+ ...
EUR 10.50 / 1,500 words = EUR 0.007... Nov 10, 2002

...I have no idea about the market levels in SP>EN/EN>SP, but unless there\'s some calculation error here, this is ridiculous...

But hang on a second... \"25 lines @ 60 *words*\"? This sounds like an awfully long line to me... I guess this should be \"25 lines @ 60 *characters*\", right? Quite a difference, I\'d say. I\'ve no idea about the average number of characters in Spanish - using the approximate value for English (let\'s say, 7 chars/word), this works out at 25 * (60
... See more
...I have no idea about the market levels in SP>EN/EN>SP, but unless there\'s some calculation error here, this is ridiculous...

But hang on a second... \"25 lines @ 60 *words*\"? This sounds like an awfully long line to me... I guess this should be \"25 lines @ 60 *characters*\", right? Quite a difference, I\'d say. I\'ve no idea about the average number of characters in Spanish - using the approximate value for English (let\'s say, 7 chars/word), this works out at 25 * (60/7) = 214 words; EUR 10.50 would thus work out at roughly 5 cents a word. Still veeery low, as far as I\'m concerned, but a bit closer to reality...

To identify *your* price, estimate how long it will take you to process this text. Use your target hourly rate to work out how much you should be charging.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 12:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 12:21 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language-solver Pay offer, €10.50 plus IVA per 1500, low for the europe???

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »