A chinese _ american agency is not paying
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 08:09
English to German
+ ...
Jan 15, 2007

Hello all,

This is just a short notice to all fo us, that may be involved or consider as future notice. A chinese - american angency ( I would call it a confused situation) is not paying in full. It seems they needed 5 proof-readers to verify. I should be infact feeling bad about it, but the text was baby simple and those 5 proof-readers are being apparently being paid out of my money. My agreement was solely translation and I was willing to take-up all claims, that reach me within 72 hours after submission. Now the agency wanted 7 days time, and came back after 5 weeks, while (see above argument) and they are not reacting. I could not do anything better initially and have reported this issue to the external trade representation department of this country. The point is that the PO comes from one source and the payment from another. How to tackle? All help will be much appreciatiated. The goal is also to inform you all of such practices, personally I haven´t had an issue like this for years. Moderators may contact me if they wish. This issue will be submitted to international courts. Best Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

shstephaniepark
South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
So disastrous! Jan 15, 2007

You should post the name of this Chinese American company here.

I got an impression you are not the only one victime in case they contacted you through Proz.com.

I've never heard such a story before- hiring 5 proofreaders for one translation. I wonder how it is possible in terms of budget.

Do they want to economise the translation fee? Or, do they think they can improve the translation quality in that way?

However, let the dealine problem aside, basically, if your translation is good enough, I believe you don't need to worry so much about the number of proofreaders.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No discussion of specific outsourcers in the forums, please Jan 15, 2007

Sunghee,

You should post the name of this Chinese American company here.

Please review the forum rules - discussions of specific outsourcers are not permitted in the forum. Your adherence to these rules is appreciated.

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The content was absolutely simple Jan 16, 2007

Hi! Thank you for sympathies. The text wasn´t anything but simple, and the project manager was a proof-reader himself. The PO was only for translation and not trans-edited or transproofed work. It seems they have gone nuts to hold the project together, everything went out of shape, and now they are not paying over 50% of the agreed value. The payment that reached me was long overdue. I had to ask back, why their proof-readers weren´t doing the translation in the first place. They haven´t reacted and I do not think they would ever react on this issue. I along with my team would be boycotting this agency. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A chinese _ american agency is not paying

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search