Moneybookers -your experiences? What about the handling of currencies?
Thread poster: Saskia Steur
Saskia Steur  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:29
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 30, 2007

I am about to receive payment through moneybookers and I would like to find out about other people's experience with moneybookers.

One of the things I'm interested in, is if it makes any difference what currency the amount is paid in. For instance, if a British Client wishes to pay me in GBP, do I receive money in Euro's or do I need to convert that into Euro's myself. Or would it be wiser to ask my clients to pay me in euro's in the first place?

Also, I would like to know your experience with withdrawing money, or transferring it to your own bank account.

All info is welcome!
Saskia

Direct link Reply with quote

M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:29
English to Polish
My favourite Jan 30, 2007

MB is my fav way of receiving payments.

It always automatically converts other currencies to my own (PLN). So I suppose it would be the same with other currencies.
Withdrawal costs are flat - always the same amount (in EUR), no matter how much money you withdraw. There are no other costs. In my case it takes a few days before money gets to my account.

I never had any problems with it And seems the cheapest of all popular ways (Paypal, or bank transfers).

Hope it helps

Anni

Mirela Skarica  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
Moneybookers Jan 30, 2007

Dear Saskia,

I've been receiving payments over Moneybookers for the past few years and haven't had any problems so far.
It took some time to verify my bank account to transfer the money to my country, but otherwise, it was fine.
Of course, you pay the costs of transfer to your account and it takes 3-4 days.
You can also spend the money online, but there is not all that many sites that accept Moneybookers.

Hope this gave you some insight.

Mirela

misscaboo4
Local time: 12:29
Spanish to English
Good for exchange rates Jan 30, 2007

Hi Saskia

I work for an agency and we find that moneybookers is much easier to use than paypal. Moneybookers gives really good interest rates compared with the banks and paypal and so I wouldn't worry about any conversion rates. What you could do, though, is specify payment in Euros (if that is the currency your account is in) on your invoice (perhaps get a conversion done at xe.com on the day of invoicing and attach that to your invoice as a screenshot) and ask that you get paid in Euros. There are so many currencies to choose from on moneybookers that the agency can easily payyou in Euros and prevent both parties losing any money on exchange rates.

If you do have any problems they have a customer service team who do get back to you but are very very slow to do so!

Best of luck

Catherine

nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
Great! Jan 30, 2007

Hi Saskia,

I use both moneybookers and paypal, depeding on where my clients reside and what's available to them. My experience is that rates at moneybookers are lower, and the time until my money arrives in my bank account is quite a bit shorter. I always receive my funds in Euros even when my clients are in the US and Canada. I like them.

Best,
Kerstin

[Bearbeitet am 2007-01-30 15:33]

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 15, 2007

Thanks for your feedback.
I have now registered with Moneybookers and the first transactions went very well.
Best regards,
Saskia

cquest  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
How do you add this option to your profile??? Mar 5, 2007

I have searched all nooks and crannies of the profile page and could not find how to add the item Pay via Moneybookers so that it would be visible to everyone

How do you do it?

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it took me ages, too Mar 5, 2007

to find out where I could indicate Moneybookers payments on my profile. Here's what you should do:

Click on 'checklist' under 'My Proz.com'
Scroll down to 'Optional Information'
Click on 'Edit' next to 'Moneybookers' and follow instructions.

Good luck,
Saskia

khaa1
Local time: 15:29
English
What is the diference between my outgoing transactions limits & credit/Debit card limits Mar 24, 2007

HI, Freinds

I am already have an account with moneybookers, and just I want someone tell me what is the diference between my outgoing transaction limits and credit/debit card limits, also are the limits of outgoing transactions e-money which is storage in, are the real money of what I have to send and withdraw.

Thanks

Khaa1

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers -your experiences? What about the handling of currencies?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search