Thread poster: Maria Jose Fernandez Marengo
Maria Jose Fernandez Marengo
Maria Jose Fernandez Marengo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2007

I would like to know which is the customary salary for a project manager in house for 4 months in Europe. I need to hire one and do not have any idea of the salary I should pay.
Thanks

sara menzietti
sara menzietti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Italy 2 years ago Feb 2, 2007

Hi,
I worked as a Project Manager in Milan 2 years ago and I was paid €1,200 for a full time contract (12 months).
I hope it helps
Sara

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Sara, I take it you mean net per month? Feb 2, 2007

In the UK at least, we quote salaries as yearly and gross (I'm not trying to correct you, it's just my initial reaction even after 8 years in Italy was that you'd got your comma in the wrong place!)

[Edited at 2007-02-02 16:56]

sara menzietti
sara menzietti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
it's net per month of course Feb 2, 2007

the comma is right, I mean exactly 1 thousand 2 hundred euros net every month, sorry. In Italy we quote what you actually get per month net. Hope it's clear now!
Thanks for asking!

Maryline PEIXOTO
Maryline PEIXOTO  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:55
English to French
+ ...
PJM Feb 3, 2007

1200 net/month in France would be quite low.

It really depends on the country and the position as an exemple, I worked in :

- France : betw. 30 and 40 000 € / year gross
- UK : betw. 25 and 28 000 £ / year gross
- Spain : betw. 24 and 30 000 € / year gross

Now lately I have been in Senior PJM roles and mostly in the localisation industry. Junior role might be paid less.

This is just an exemple but it really depends where in Eur
... See more
1200 net/month in France would be quite low.

It really depends on the country and the position as an exemple, I worked in :

- France : betw. 30 and 40 000 € / year gross
- UK : betw. 25 and 28 000 £ / year gross
- Spain : betw. 24 and 30 000 € / year gross

Now lately I have been in Senior PJM roles and mostly in the localisation industry. Junior role might be paid less.

This is just an exemple but it really depends where in Europe we are talking about.
Collapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
In Ireland... Feb 3, 2007

In Dublin, you would have to offer a bare minimum of €40,000 to get anyone decent. €50,000 plus benefits is about standard.
However outside of the Greater Dublin region, €35-45K would be OK.

Catherine Salbashian
Catherine Salbashian  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
In London... Feb 4, 2007

I was offered a PM position two or three years ago, and the gross salary was £18,000 per year - but actually that seemed a bit low to me at the time!
I'd be interested to compare that with other London-based PM salaries for future reference, should I decide to move back there...

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Swedish examples Feb 5, 2007

Hi all,

In Sweden, we usually quote the monthly salaries before tax.
So the gross salaries (in Stockholm at least) range between €2400 - €3000 per month. There are some "rogue agencies" paying as little as €1900, but they don't get to keep their staff, PMs leave as soon as they find something better.

Pension package is on top of this, usually €100-300/month.

Outside Stockholm probably a bit lower, but any reasonably sized LSP would still be ar
... See more
Hi all,

In Sweden, we usually quote the monthly salaries before tax.
So the gross salaries (in Stockholm at least) range between €2400 - €3000 per month. There are some "rogue agencies" paying as little as €1900, but they don't get to keep their staff, PMs leave as soon as they find something better.

Pension package is on top of this, usually €100-300/month.

Outside Stockholm probably a bit lower, but any reasonably sized LSP would still be around or over €1900.

BTW, I was offered a job in Milan, Italy, at terms that stink. Lower salary, less job security, no pension package, and location in an industrial suburb. I stick to Sweden any day!

HTH,

/Jan

Hmmm, Dublin sounds like a good deal to me though...
Collapse

Maryline PEIXOTO
Maryline PEIXOTO  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
London-based Feb 8, 2007

cathsal wrote:

I was offered a PM position two or three years ago, and the gross salary was £18,000 per year - but actually that seemed a bit low to me at the time!
I'd be interested to compare that with other London-based PM salaries for future reference, should I decide to move back there...

As an example SDL Maidenhead (a bit further than greater London) would pay:

- 18 to 20 000 £ a junior PJM
- 22 to 24 000 a deputy PJM
- 26 000 a PJM
- 28 + for a Senior PJM

This was 2 years ago. I would say inside London, it might be more.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Manager Salary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »