invoicing Spain from the UK
Thread poster: Linebyline
Linebyline  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:23
French to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2002

I\'ve just relocated to the UK from Spain, where I was registered for VAT. In the UK I\'m told I don\'t need to register for VAT until I earn 50k, but all the agencies who send me work from Spain say that I need to quote them an \"extra comunitaria número de exención\". Both customs and excise and the inland revenue say this is rubbish, and they don\'t have any such number.

To top it all, the lady I spoke to at the Inland Revenue had the cheek to say that if I found out, I should call her back, because she would love to know!!!

Any feedback greatly appreciated,

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxampuria
English to Spanish
+ ...
really it is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dec 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-25 13:08, Jo Curtis wrote:

I\'ve just relocated to the UK from Spain, where I was registered for VAT. In the UK I\'m told I don\'t need to register for VAT until I earn 50k, but all the agencies who send me work from Spain say that I need to quote them an \"extra comunitaria número de exención\". Both customs and excise and the inland revenue say this is rubbish, and they don\'t have any such number.

To top it all, the lady I spoke to at the Inland Revenue had the cheek to say that if I found out, I should call her back, because she would love to know!!!

Any feedback greatly appreciated,

This numero is only for Spanish people who have their taxes in Spain but for different reason they live for a short period of time abroad, that numero is given by spanish services not by English,I think that it can be your situation perhaps you are not really \"out\" of Spain.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

invoicing Spain from the UK

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search