Advice on daily interpretation rates in the US
Thread poster: Adolfo Ossi

Adolfo Ossi  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 20, 2007

I need an urgent estimate of daily Spanish-English consecutuve interpretation rates in the United States. The subject is technical and the working day may exceed 7 or 8 hours, so you might want to give me a basic daily rate plus the cost of each extra hour or fraction.

I would be grafetul to get a quick reply, because I have a quotation pending.

Thank you very much in advance!

mystymy
Local time: 10:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
daily/hourly U.S. rates Jul 20, 2007

I know of interpreters that have charged $400-$500 USD for a full day such as you are describing. Many would just give an hourly quote with a certain minimum.

If you are travelling (from South America) be sure to add a travel cost. I usually charge half the usual hour fee per each hour of travel. Plus of course hotel or airfare or whatever else they require.

Personally unless they send the hotel and/or airfare to me prior to the event I do not accept the job, I would also give them an hourly quote (I use a 3 hour minimum). I do not charge for fractions of an hour only for a complete half hour or hour. I don't quibble over 10 minutes, it's not worth it to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on daily interpretation rates in the US

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search