mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:05
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 30, 2007

Hi!

I live in Brazil so Paypal is useless by itself. However I have just found out that people can use Xooom.com to withdraw funds deposited at Paypal into their Brazilian bank accounts.

I have visited the Xoom website and I couldnt find HOW to do that though. Can anyone please explain that to me? Has anyone here done it?

Thank you!

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
How to use xoom Aug 31, 2007

Hi mopc!

Just go to xoom website - you will have to be register with them to be able to send money -

then click on send money to Brazil - insert the amount - they will ask you to sign in.

After that - choose/add recipient
insert the amount and recalculate the fee
Continue - then you will be asked to inform bank, CPF and other information - payment form - when you choose paypal you will be redirected to your paypal account where you will have to give your login details and confirm sending the money to xoom. Normally I get the money 2 days later deposited into my account in brazil.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 31, 2007

Karen, my friend, it worked beautifully!

I did as you said and the money seems to be on its way.

Now one more question, my newly-opened paypal account says that I only have the right to FIVE transactions with my FREE account.

Is that for real, do I really have to purchase a "premium" account from Paypal?

Rosanna Palermo  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:05
Member (2006)
Italian to English

stay away from paypal if you can Aug 31, 2007

mopc wrote:

Karen, my friend, it worked beautifully!

I did as you said and the money seems to be on its way.

Now one more question, my newly-opened paypal account says that I only have the right to FIVE transactions with my FREE account.

I have had an account with paypal for a while and it's true..don't use it unless you absolutely have to. They discount 2 points on foreign currency, tack on fees for "international banking transfers"in addition to the regular 3-4% fees which are advertised as being "low". Further, read the fine print, you can only receive up to $500/month with a free account.

I have started using moneybookers. Check it out; in the long run it's cheaper.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 31, 2007

Thanks for the tips rfmoon!

I just signed up at Moneybookers. I'll offer that payment option to my clients from now on.

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
No problems on my side Aug 31, 2007

mopc wrote:

Hi mopc,

I have been using paypal for quite a while now, and never had a problem with it.
I do have a Premium account though.

But I normally do not leave money there longer than necessary.

I actually prefer to ask my clients to do a direct wire transfer, so that my payments land directly on my bank account in Brazil. But some still prefer Paypal, so I have that option. So far I don´t have any clients willing to pay by Moneybookers.

Hope that helps.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it does Aug 31, 2007

it helps a lot, Karen. It's good to know that moneybookers still isn't widely accepted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Xoom to get Paypal funds?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search