mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:10
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 30, 2007

Hi!

I live in Brazil so Paypal is useless by itself. However I have just found out that people can use Xooom.com to withdraw funds deposited at Paypal into their Brazilian bank accounts.

I have visited the Xoom website and I couldnt find HOW to do that though. Can anyone please explain that to me? Has anyone here done it?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
How to use xoom Aug 31, 2007

Hi mopc!

Just go to xoom website - you will have to be register with them to be able to send money -

then click on send money to Brazil - insert the amount - they will ask you to sign in.

After that - choose/add recipient
insert the amount and recalculate the fee
Continue - then you will be asked to inform bank, CPF and other information - payment form - when you choose paypal you will be redirected to your paypal account where you will have to give your login details and confirm sending the money to xoom. Normally I get the money 2 days later deposited into my account in brazil.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 31, 2007

Karen, my friend, it worked beautifully!

I did as you said and the money seems to be on its way.

Now one more question, my newly-opened paypal account says that I only have the right to FIVE transactions with my FREE account.

Is that for real, do I really have to purchase a "premium" account from Paypal?

Rosanna Palermo  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
Member (2006)
Italian to English

stay away from paypal if you can Aug 31, 2007

mopc wrote:

Karen, my friend, it worked beautifully!

I did as you said and the money seems to be on its way.

Now one more question, my newly-opened paypal account says that I only have the right to FIVE transactions with my FREE account.

I have had an account with paypal for a while and it's true..don't use it unless you absolutely have to. They discount 2 points on foreign currency, tack on fees for "international banking transfers"in addition to the regular 3-4% fees which are advertised as being "low". Further, read the fine print, you can only receive up to $500/month with a free account.

I have started using moneybookers. Check it out; in the long run it's cheaper.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 31, 2007

Thanks for the tips rfmoon!

I just signed up at Moneybookers. I'll offer that payment option to my clients from now on.

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
No problems on my side Aug 31, 2007

mopc wrote:

Hi mopc,

I have been using paypal for quite a while now, and never had a problem with it.
I do have a Premium account though.

But I normally do not leave money there longer than necessary.

I actually prefer to ask my clients to do a direct wire transfer, so that my payments land directly on my bank account in Brazil. But some still prefer Paypal, so I have that option. So far I don´t have any clients willing to pay by Moneybookers.

Hope that helps.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it does Aug 31, 2007

it helps a lot, Karen. It's good to know that moneybookers still isn't widely accepted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Xoom to get Paypal funds?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search