Thread poster: Jan Sundström

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 3, 2007

Hi all,

A client in Greece claims that his bank is charging him 7,50 EUR to send money within EU (to Sweden), specifically with IBAN+BIC+all costs shared, i.e. all requirements filled.

I believe that the client is being shortchanged, since the EU regulations stipulate that the fee can't be higher than an equivalent transfer within the country.

Surely there must be banks in Greece with lower fees than that?

And yes, Sweden has implemented the EU cross-border transfer regulation, even though we don't have the Euro, so the problem is not on my side. Other nationalities have sent us EUR without any charges.

Any suggestions of honest banks in Greece that don't overcharge for IBAN transfers? Please post recommendations of those cheaper banks here!

TIA,

Jan

[Edited at 2007-09-03 14:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bump Sep 10, 2007

Any Greeks out there?
What banks are you all using - or is it a well known truth that all Greek banks charge outrageous fees for transfers?

/Jan

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greek bank with low fees?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search