How to open a non-resident bank account in the eurozone
Thread poster: Localization E

Localization E
Local time: 15:02
English to French
+ ...
Sep 17, 2007

Dear all,
I would like to know if and how it is possible for me to open a non resident bank account in the Euro zone without having to travel to there (from Cameroun). Has anyone got an answer?
Thanks in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-17 16:22]

Direct link Reply with quote

nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:02
English to French
+ ...
ask a European bank with a branch in your country Sep 17, 2007

Some European banks have branches in Cameroun in Yaoundé or Douala. You could ask them for assistance.

I suppose you will have to provide personal details and also some kind of business registration in order to open an a EUro account.

Localization E
Local time: 15:02
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: ask a European bank with a branch in your country Sep 18, 2007

nordiste wrote:

Some European banks have branches in Cameroun in Yaoundé or Douala. You could ask them for assistance.

I suppose you will have to provide personal details and also some kind of business registration in order to open an a EUro account.

Thanks, Nordiste.
Indeed, my bank is a branch of a French one. I have a personal account, but the French bank wouldn't allow me to receive payments in a personal account. They would charge me at least around 1% of the amount any operation, plus there is a 200€ maintenance fee per quater. Isn't that a little much?

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:02
Member (2004)
German to English
I managed it from the UK Sep 18, 2007

I opened a German bank account from London but I should add that I had already had a bank account with that bank before. Have you tried contacting French banks?
Gillian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a non-resident bank account in the eurozone

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search