PayPal Argentina
Thread poster: Accurate Translations

Accurate Translations
Local time: 08:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2007

Does anybody know if I can receive money in Argentina through PayPal? Does anyone in Argentina use PayPal? If so, how do you do it?
I've never used it, I have created an account but I'm required to write the number of a bank account in the US, seems you cannot change the country, and I don't really have an account in the US and I don't intend to. (why should I?).
Well, if anyone in the Net can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Naty

Direct link Reply with quote

chinesetrans
Netherlands
Local time: 13:55
English to Chinese
+ ...
Better have an US bank account Oct 4, 2007

Well, Paypal favors US account. For better service, users have to use US account to verfity, e.g credit cards as visa or mastercard. Otherwise, withdrawal would be limited to very little.

That bothers me too, as I live in China and do not have any US credit cards or accounts.

Yet, that is Paypal. If Payal improved on verification and othe limits, that would be just perfect.

By the way, if you do not have the US account, you can demand the check or T/T, but it takes days with withdrawal limits.

Carlos Ruestes  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
I use paypal Oct 4, 2007

Hi Natalia!

Natalia Chiacchiari wrote:

Does anybody know if I can receive money in Argentina through PayPal? Does anyone in Argentina use PayPal? If so, how do you do it?
Naty

First of all, you don´t need a US bank account to open a Paypal account.
I live in Buenos Aires, and I use Paypal from time to time. Once I receive a payment through paypal, I use the Xoom.com service, which allows me to send my money from my Paypal account to Argentina and I collect my payment at Banco Frances.
Trust me, try www.xoom.com. Don´t hesitate to mail me if you need help.

Regards

Carlos

Accurate Translations
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do you do it? Oct 4, 2007

Carlos!
Gracias por tu ayuda.
Una vez que tenés tu cuenta Xoom.com, cómo hacés para pasar el dinero de Paypal a Xoom para poder cobrarlo en el Banco Francés? Por otro lado, no necesitás tener cuenta en el Francés, cierto?
Mil gracias
Natalia

Marcela Mestre  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
enlaces para leer Oct 4, 2007

Te van a resultar muy útiles.

http://www.proz.com/post/672458#672458

http://www.proz.com/post/592834#592834

Saludos.
mm

Cecilia Paris  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
complicated Oct 4, 2007

For your Argentine paypal account to be workable you need to attach an international credit card to the paypal account. If you don't have one, just forget it, it does not work. To cash, that is another story. You can receive a check from paypal which you will have to negotiate at your local bank's foreign exchange department and will cost you about 50 dollars to collect (that is what Banco Galicia told me some time ago).

If you can open a US bank account, then open a US Paypal account, you will save yourself a lot of headaches and cross-border charges.

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:55
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It works in Brazil Oct 4, 2007

Natalia Chiacchiari wrote:
Una vez que tenés tu cuenta Xoom.com, cómo hacés para pasar el dinero de Paypal a Xoom para poder cobrarlo en el Banco Francés? Por otro lado, no necesitás tener cuenta en el Francés, cierto?
Natalia

You don't keep money in Xoom, they just transfer funds to a bank account you specify. One of the possible money sources for such a transfer with them is PayPal.

Patricia Colombera
English to Spanish
+ ...
About credit card Oct 5, 2007

I've just opened an account in PayPal and I still have lots of questions about it. Is it safe to attach your credit card? Is there a limit your can withdraw?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal Argentina

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search