Question regarding payment options ...
Thread poster: VIBOL KEO

VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:34
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
Oct 31, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I Provided my services to a company in SEA for a PO costing a little bit more than a hundred US Dollars, its MP and Vendor Coordinator told me that payments via Bank Transfer and Moneybookers are their options as I wondered whether they were able to pay off with other options as I had not considered setting up any accounts as well. However, they do not use PayPal as an option.

The payment has still not been in progress that I requested progress payment via Moneybookers once at a time via its PM's email address then second attempt via its vendor coordinator's. In stead, they have insisted to get my bank account so as to clear account via bank transfer that they have just told me if the amount is greater or equal to US$100.00, the payment needs be made via a bank transfer and if the amout is less than US$100.00, it shall be transacted via Moneybookers. However, it is confirmed that this is their company's rules (Sic!). Obviously, I am also new to the online payment systems that I do not understand as the project cost is within or or not greater that the limits of cardit/debit cards' s and/or Moneybookers' s and the progress payment is insisted to transact via a bank transfer rather than Moneybookers. I have considered it is not reasonable that the payment is still pending.

I wonder whether I should provide them my bank account for their bank transfer or remain my mind to get it done via Moneybookers as I established a bank account to match it after they had told about their options.

Can anyones have or share any ideas or provide me kind advice on such issues?

Many thanks and Best regards,

Vibol Keo

[Edited at 2007-11-01 04:36]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vadim Poguliaev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:34
English to Russian
hm Nov 1, 2007

Situation seems OK from my side, if they want to pay you via wire transfer, let them do it.
For me wire is the most prefered method, payment systems have some complications, mostly because of antilaundering policies, but they are still good for small amounts.

Member (2009)
TOPIC STARTER
Additional leanrings are needed Nov 3, 2007

Thanks for your comments regarding such issues. However, I would learn moer considering additional comments.

LoyalTrans
Local time: 05:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
both seem ok Nov 6, 2007

Well, I think both MB and wire transfer should work fine, except that MB will charge a nominal fee.

Member (2009)
TOPIC STARTER
Thnaks! Nov 27, 2007

Hi Robert Cai!

Being busy at my works, Saying thank you for your suggestions has been a little bit delayed unecessarily. However, I am finding that it is more expensive than doing via Moneybookers.

Thanks again & Good Luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question regarding payment options ...

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search