Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2007

A new customer requested me to use Trados, sent me first three Word-files for translation, where someone had used Trados to protranslate the files, and where the segments, which were copied from the source, were marked red. I already then explained, that all I need is the untranslated files and the TM. I got the TM after all, but had to translate the pretranslated files.
Today she sends me a folder of tagged files. They were pretranslated and then the target saved as rtf.
I explained, that I need the original files, no use to read for me through all the files and search for the those segments that need translation.
After a few hours she sent me the same files, but had marked the segments yellow that need to be translated.
Now I asked her to read the Trados documentation, because in Tageditor I do not see the yellow markings, of course.

Does someone understand what's going on?

Regards
Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-02 15:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 15:45
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Keep trying, Heinrich Nov 2, 2007

After all, you may eventually have the dice roll correctly.

Reminds me of the guy, holding a piece of wood and a saw and muttering: "Darn, I've sawed it off three times already and it is still too short."

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I charge for advice on Trados?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search