The western union puzzle..
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 07:13
English to German
+ ...
Nov 8, 2007

One reliable customer had paid as a matter of exception via western union and sent me a copy of the payment voucher. Everything seemed right and I was going around WU office for two days trying to track the payment. According to the office and the customer including the WU HQ in Texas the voucher is genuine and money has been deposited and no one had picked it up. Finally it comes out that the money had gone to a totally different destination country. This is just for information to share. Now my trouble has been solved. I wonder what kind of country codes WU people use, that their office employees could make such blunders. Best regards, Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

The Misha
Local time: 01:13
Russian to English
+ ...
You are asking a wrong question Nov 8, 2007

The question is not what kind of codes they use, that's their internal matter, but why the heck they kept you waiting for two days. Once they accepted the money from the payer, they are liable and have to deliver, codes or no codes. You should have raised hell about it. If you are so keen, look into the the fine print in Terms and Conditions and see if they've exceeded their own established time limit. If they did, you may even have a valid claim against them.

xxxBrandis
Local time: 07:13
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
proof is with the customer Nov 16, 2007

Hi! It is actually not my business, apparently the customer had given a printed instruction to WU people through his employees, where eithe the employees or the WU made mistake is hard to determine. We have officially chaged the customer only €200,- for the extra work given to us, besides translation job, waiting at WU offices and having to leave our work. The customer now does neither come up with a proof or is willing to rectify in any manner payable for the extra hour. This thread is being followed externally as well. I shall be sending the link to the customer. Either way as I see the customer has engaged us further into a payment receipt process, with or without intention, only now the customer must know to claim the extra work from WU. Thank you for your attention. Best regards, Brandis

Haiyang Ai  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
About MTCN Nov 18, 2007

Do you have a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) at hand? Can you check with the WU office with that?

--------------------------
English Chinese Translator
www.chineservice.com

[Edited at 2007-11-18 09:01]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The western union puzzle..

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search