Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:49
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 22, 2007

Dear all

Do you know which Spanish bank charges low commission rates for withdrawing money from your bank account from abroad (i.e. the UK)? I have just been charged nearly €23 for a UK withdrawal from my Spanish BBVA account, which I find excessive!

If all bank charges are roughly the same, are there any other - more cost effective ways - of accessing the money in or transfering the money to this country?

With thanks.

Wenke

DE-EN-FR (X)
Local time: 05:49
English to German
+ ...
Possibly Unicaja Nov 22, 2007

Hi Wenke,

I have a bank account with a Unicaja branch in Córdoba, Spain. They charge me 2.50 euros for transferring money to my bank account in Germany. In terms of withdrawing cash from the Unicaja account from an ATM in Germany, I think the maximum commission rate I had to pay so far was 5 euros.

Cheers,

Ingo

Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
all EU charges the same Nov 23, 2007

Wenke Geddert wrote:

Dear all

Do you know which Spanish bank charges low commission rates for withdrawing money from your bank account from abroad (i.e. the UK)? I have just been charged nearly €23 for a UK withdrawal from my Spanish BBVA account, which I find excessive!

If all bank charges are roughly the same, are there any other - more cost effective ways - of accessing the money in or transfering the money to this country?

With thanks.

Wenke

As far as I'm aware, within the EU zone it's illegal for banks to charge more for withdrawals from abroad than for withdrawals in your home country. Are you sure that the charge wasn't mostly to do with a euro-pound exchange commission?

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:49
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Commission Nov 23, 2007

According to the bank statement, this charge is "comis. disp. cajero internacional debito".

Wenke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATM Withdrawal Charges (Spain - UK)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search