Andreea Judele
Andreea Judele
Romania
Local time: 23:03
French to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 23, 2007

Hi!

I write you with the hope that my worries about some payments are going to be solved. So here is the story: because I sent all the reminders to the non-paying persons, I would like to take a Collection Debt Agency. Could you advise me in this direction? Is it one better that another one? And how could I know this? How much do they charge me? If the firms are from Spain and Egypt can I take only one to take care of the two of them? Where can I find a Debt Collection Agency?
... See more
Hi!

I write you with the hope that my worries about some payments are going to be solved. So here is the story: because I sent all the reminders to the non-paying persons, I would like to take a Collection Debt Agency. Could you advise me in this direction? Is it one better that another one? And how could I know this? How much do they charge me? If the firms are from Spain and Egypt can I take only one to take care of the two of them? Where can I find a Debt Collection Agency?

And finally: Do you think I have any chance of taking my money back?

Wish you all the best,

Andreea
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:03
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Blue Board Nov 23, 2007

Hi Andreea,
Comments on the Blue Board (and other payment practices lists) are sometimes enough. Also, they are very helpful for other translators.
If you have not done so, consider informing the client that in x day's time you will post a negative comment on the Blue Board - unless you receive full payment.
Good luck
Attila

Andreea Judele
Andreea Judele
Romania
Local time: 23:03
French to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I already did this Nov 23, 2007

... and I didn't receive any information. This is why I am now trying to find a Debt Collection Agency, so that I can get at least some of the money they owe me.

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Related thread on this Nov 23, 2007

http://www.proz.com/post/363483#363483

To make use of the Spanish procedure you'd need a representative with a Spanish address. A "gestor" in any part of Spain will do.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Debt Collection Agency in Egypt and Spain

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »