The 'take' in France on contracts and insurance
Thread poster: Trevor Keast (X)
Trevor Keast (X)
Trevor Keast (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:10
French to English
Jan 30, 2008

I live and work in France, much of my work being in translating. I am beginning to wonder if it might be a good idea to take out relevant professional insurance to cover me against any possible problems. In addition, what is the feeling about having a contractual agreement that acts as a disclaimer, just in case?

Many thanks for any advice pertaining to the French situation!

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
Try posting in French forum Jan 31, 2008

Trevor,

You might get more bites on this one if you post in the French forum. In fact, there was a posting on professional liability insurance (RCP) there not long ago.

The SFT (www.sft.fr) offers standard terms of sale drafted specifically for translators (and validated by an attorney) for its members to use. The SFT also offers to its members a negotiated group RCP contract at very reasonabl
... See more
Trevor,

You might get more bites on this one if you post in the French forum. In fact, there was a posting on professional liability insurance (RCP) there not long ago.

The SFT (www.sft.fr) offers standard terms of sale drafted specifically for translators (and validated by an attorney) for its members to use. The SFT also offers to its members a negotiated group RCP contract at very reasonable prices. RCP is not mandatory, but may be required in order to bid on certain jobs (like government contracts).

Feel free to contact me in private via my profile for more information.

Best regards,

Sara Freitas-Maltaverne
Collapse

Per Magnus
Per Magnus  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
Liability is a universal question. Jan 31, 2008

Actually this may be the correct forum. I am looking for some type of insurance to cover me, and since I have customers all over the world the liability is not confined to one country or language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The 'take' in France on contracts and insurance

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »